• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

embarassing/ immature XI

bagapath

International Captain
I propose shoaib akhthar to take the new ball and harbhajan get the spinner's slot in this XI made up of players who frequently embarass(ed) their country with immature/arrogant/ stupid behavior. feel free to nominate the players. i will run the polls soon.

openers:

middle order:
miandad, ganguly

all rounders:
botham

wicket keeper:

bowlers:
akhthar, harbhajan, lillee, syd barnes

bond21

Banned
hansie cronje can slot in somewhere.

I think Harbajan would captain the side because hes clearly the best at embarassing his team and country.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not that easy where the requirement is "frequently". Some have the odd brain snap, but it can be rare. Not that many who've gone cocoa bananas and lasted, but arrogance widens the field a fair bit.

Good thread though. Here goes:

Openers:
Gavaskar (not frequent so much as a player, but the brain fade in Melbourne + the ongoing mad rants of today help), Edit: Jardine (Arrogance personified. Was going to go for a retired Aussie test opener but I want to try and jag an interview with him for the site, so I subbed Jardine in)

Middle order:
Miandad (serial pest, the Lillee incident), G Matthews (coz he's Greg Matthews), Botham (pissed and aggro on flight to Perth, dressing room destruction with DK, Miss Barbados effort), Afridi (coz he's Afridi)

Keeper:
Healy (more so early years but his commentary embarrasses from time to time), Zoehrer (was a complete embarrasment - go with him I think).
Bowlers:
Lillee (can't be in the Botham and Miandad incidents yet not get a run),
Sreesanth ("I am Sreesanth - I am not scared of anyone"- kind of sad and funny after the last weekend's incident)
Akhthar (there's only so many things you can put in a post like this)
Harby (see Akhthar) - run a close second by Warne mind you - pick Warne if its a spinning deck in lieu of Sreesanth.

Coach: J. Bracewell.

Best I could come up with without thinking too much about it.

Last edited:

bond21

Banned
oh lol i thought of a definate opener.

sunil Gavaskar.

remember when he got given out and he basically took the entire team to the dressing room and had a whinge?

bond21

Banned
yea sreesanth has a mortgage on a place in the team.

Picking a fight with Symonds....what an idiot.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Harbhajan Singh, and as much as I love Andre Nel, has to be a place for him somewhere..

I've got a real dislike for Irfan Pathan.. I'd be horrified if someone as smug as he looks turned up for my side..

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Jesse Ryder should waltz into this team. Unless the dressing room door is locked, in which case he'll smash a window and let himself in.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've got a real dislike for Irfan Pathan.. I'd be horrified if someone as smug as he looks turned up for my side..
His name doesn't deserve to get mentioned in a thread like this. Busts his arse for the team, trains the house down and went back and did what he could to try and get back into the best XI rather than have a whinge.

Someone having a 'smug' look doesn't qualify as an embarrassment to his country I reckon.

pasag

RTDAS
Irfan is the last Indian cricketer I'd say was smug, he just looks like a great guy, always looks friendly and happy. Yuvraj on the other hand...

Langeveldt

Soutie
His name doesn't deserve to get mentioned in a thread like this. Busts his arse for the team, trains the house down and went back and did what he could to try and get back into the best XI rather than have a whinge.

Someone having a 'smug' look doesn't qualify as an embarrassment to his country I reckon.
Dislike him ever since he gave Damien Martyn that sendoff.. Mind you, he was probably provoked..

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Irfan is the last Indian cricketer I'd say was smug, he just looks like a great guy, always looks friendly and happy. Yuvraj on the other hand...
Agreed...but Yuvi hasn't achieved enough yet to be in contension for the all-time XI...needs better practice and guidance from some of the teammates to be able to make a debut in future :) ...

Flem274*

123/5
Cairns should be in contension I suppose.
Harsh, Parore smashes him into oblivion in terms of being a ****.

Tbh the media that report on the players seem more likely to be embarrasing or immature. Whenever we lose an important game in cricket or rugby large sections of the media start a nuclear war.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Dislike him ever since he gave Damien Martyn that sendoff.. Mind you, he was probably provoked..
I don't remember...but sendoffs are a part and parcel of international cricket...if it wasn't anything beyond a sendoff then it shouldn't count I think...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Harsh, Parore smashes him into oblivion in terms of being a ****.

Tbh the media that report on the players seem more likely to be embarrasing or immature. Whenever we lose an important game in cricket or rugby large sections of the media start a nuclear war.
Cairns once kicked the ass of national coach during practice session I heard...though I am not aware in details I must confess...