• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have you watched the IPL yet?

Have you watched the IPL yet?

• Total voters

Craig

World Traveller
I haven't but then the times are not good for me with work the next day and I always have other stuff to do the next day as well.

masterblaster

International Captain
I haven't but then the times are not good for me with work the next day and I always have other stuff to do the next day as well.
Yeah me too. On the working days I just tape it and watch it the next evening after I come home from work. On the weekends, Ten HD shows the earlier games at around 8:30pm so that's a fairly good time to watch at least one game. Ofcourse, there's always highlights on youtube.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Saw the replay of the first match. Haven't been able to catch other replays as they seem to be on when I'm out and I'm not up late enough to see it live.

Read the scorecards and run downs the next day, though.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I've seen bits and pieces, but I find it hard to sit through a whole game of 20/20, honestly.

I'd like to watch Warne bowl again though, so I'll try and catch one soon.

99*

International Debutant
Watched all of the first game, and stay up to watch the first innings of the rest, other than the early games that start at 10.30pm. :happy:

And yes sleep is very over-rated.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes I've watched whenever I can. With uni, work and the need to actually study its a bit tough to watch every game, and I'm not willing to make as much a sacrifice of sleep as I did with the Ashes or Ind in England test series.

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah me too. On the working days I just tape it and watch it the next evening after I come home from work. On the weekends, Ten HD shows the earlier games at around 8:30pm so that's a fairly good time to watch at least one game. Ofcourse, there's always highlights on youtube.
It's AFL until 10.30pm and then the game is on after that so I'll try and watch it tonight.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Two of the poll-options apply to me - "hate Twenty20" and "no". I don't even know where I'd watch it if I wanted to, that's how little I care about the format.

As I've said several times - I applaud those behind the IPL for their (possible) good ideas, but it's of no interest whatsoever to me.

If these were one-day games, it possibly might - but only possibly might - be different. I can't shake the feeling that if they were, they'd be 340-plays-220 very often, which again I find of little interest. If they were properly played one-day games on pitches and ground-sizes that discouraged such scoring, however, I'd be in there like a shot.

masterblaster

International Captain
It's AFL until 10.30pm and then the game is on after that so I'll try and watch it tonight.
Yeah, but if you have a HD Television Set or a HD Set top box then you should have access to Ten HD. Ten HD is showing the game live from 8:30pm whilst regular Ten is showing it delayed after the football.

GGG

State Captain
Watch quite a few of the games but my interest in waning, proberbly will only watch the final once the New Zealand and Australian players have left.

Corli

U19 Cricketer
Couldn't get to a TV showing it yet, but I might catch the tail-end of the game tonight. Not really bothered about the whole thing, though.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Nah, no Sultana here. Most of the games are being played while I'm at school though. I'd watch a 30 minute highlights show or have the game on the in background if I could.