• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bhajji 'slaps' Sreesanth, leaves him cryin

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
so what should he get punished for? you are letting your already existing hate of sreesanth cloud your judgement here...
I have no hate for SreeSanth or Harbhajan or for that matter anyone I do not know personally. I dislike their antics on the field and IMO Sree's act was a big Drama giving the soap dram queens a run for their money, in order to get back at Harbhajan. There is no love lost between the two as one saw in Chennai test.

I am not going to let his tears sway my opinion of him.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
i have to say this that cricinfo (neutral source) and most of the other indian media sources are doing unfairly job to keep this out of media.. and i am questioning this.. why the media are doing this.. they put the asif and shoaib deal out there on the top calmn in cricinfo and the indian media blow it out of proportion.. why difference betwteen two issues.. the seem fairly the same..and they are supposed to covered, broadcast, and treated the same way..
Dont be a freaking idiot. Open the website and read. Its just a day old incident and CricInfo is reporting all there is to report.

Nishant

International 12th Man
say what? the whole piont of being hit makes him *****.. we have a guy who shows aggression and shows that he is the big dog on the field and sledge every single batsman and doesn't have respect for anyone.. next thing u know he is crying like a baby after being slaped.. that makes him ***** and he is ***** and coward...
and he's a coward on what basis??? sorry m8...but i cant take anhthing ur sayin seriously on this thread simply because ur hate 4 sreesanth is soooo much that its clouding ur judgement....plus, i dnt think u gt the difference bt sledging and violence...ur under the impression that its the same thing.

Nishant

International 12th Man
I have no hate for SreeSanth or Harbhajan or for that matter anyone I do not know personally. I dislike their antics on the field and IMO Sree's act was a big Drama giving the soap dram queens a run for their money, in order to get back at Harbhajan. There is no love lost between the two as one saw in Chennai test.

nah..i agree with Anil...ur hate is clouding ur judgement...this comment alone shows that u cant think of sreesanth in a good way even remotely...u dnt know anything abt whats goin on in their heads ot even abt wot goes on inside the dressin room....u are making up things u THINK r true simply because u cant believe that sreesanth can be positive or genuine.

Nishant

International 12th Man
Dont be a freaking idiot. Open the website and read. Its just a day old incident and CricInfo is reporting all there is to report.
yh agree with you here....cricinfo isnt being biased...as more news flows...more shall b reported. Simple.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
nah..i agree with Anil...ur hate is clouding ur judgement...this comment alone shows that u cant think of sreesanth in a good way even remotely...u dnt know anything abt whats goin on in their heads ot even abt wot goes on inside the dressin room....u are making up things u THINK r true simply because u cant believe that sreesanth can be positive or genuine.
What nonsense. Why would I hate any cricketer ? If I say that I dont hate any cricketer, I think people should respect that and not force the 'Accept it you hate him' thing down my throat.

We all have our opinions of players and IMO Sreesanth's acts looked all made up, nothing more nothing less. And going by his past record, he doesn't come across as someone who has nothing to with the incident.

Take a look at the Interview :-

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/bhajji-sree-say-no-love-lost-over-friendly-slap/63987-5-23.html

Fusion

Global Moderator
i have to say this that cricinfo (neutral source) and most of the other indian media sources are doing unfairly job to keep this out of media.. and i am questioning this.. why the media are doing this.. they put the asif and shoaib deal out there on the top calmn in cricinfo and the indian media blow it out of proportion.. why difference betwteen two issues.. the seem fairly the same..and they are supposed to covered, broadcast, and treated the same way..
8-) It's on the front page of Cricinfo and most Indian media sources. Haroon, don't you get tired of bashing India at every opportunity?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Anyone remember what Scyld Berry said in his Editor's comments for this year's Wisden? He wrote:

"I fear the day is approaching when a high-profile, televised cricket match will see an outbreak of physical violence on the field, and nothing could be more injurious to all concerned"

Prescient, indeed, but I doubt even he thought it would come quite so soon.
Yeah, was thinking the same. This incident is a disgrace.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I have been in a good number of fights(boarding school), been in school boxing squad and witnessed at least a 100 fisticuffs or so more in my 12 years in boarding school.........not one of them caused any serious injury that changed anyone's life.
Were you happy with how Stephen Dorff portrayed you in the movie based on your life, PeeKay?

Last edited:

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
did anyone actually see video footage of harbhajan hitting sreesanth? if so, can you send out a link to it? the videos i've seen don't show anything, just sree crying.

i think they are both idiots. sreesanth is going to get sledged over this for the rest of his life, boy better grow some thicker skin. harbhajan, well, he is punjabi....when will that moron learn to keep himself out of potential situations like this.

keep your mouth shut, play your cricket, get paid and go home.

Craig

World Traveller
did anyone actually see video footage of harbhajan hitting sreesanth? if so, can you send out a link to it? the videos i've seen don't show anything, just sree crying.

i think they are both idiots. sreesanth is going to get sledged over this for the rest of his life, boy better grow some thicker skin. harbhajan, well, he is punjabi....when will that moron learn to keep himself out of potential situations like this.

keep your mouth shut, play your cricket, get paid and go home.
Yeah and get angry over it so when he bowls he can knock the middle stump out of the ground of the batsman he bowls too. That will shut them right.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like you kids have never been in a proper fight but like to discuss the possibilities of one till no end.
I have been in a good number of fights(boarding school), been in school boxing squad and witnessed at least a 100 fisticuffs or so more in my 12 years in boarding school.........not one of them caused any serious injury that changed anyone's life.
Haha, this is such a dire post.

A family friend once got into a fight outside a pub, after an argument about use of the pool table. He'd had a few drinks, so had the other guy, and the other guy's friend. He got hit a few times, fell down, got severe brain damage and died a few weeks later.

But of course, your anecdotes are everything, and fighting over pointless crap is totally harmless and never hurts anyone.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
dude, shut the hell up. You don't even live in India. EVery single news channel has been running flash news, breaking news, slit your throat news abt this for TWO whole days. Every 10 mins something is being mentioned about this. EVery newspaper and there are about a million of them in India is full of stories on this....... How in the blue hell did you know that there is no coverage of this in the Indian media? Do you live here????? 8-)

haroon510

International 12th Man

excuse me .. i have a prove.. even today if u see cricinfo.com.. u will find the news of Sreesanth and Harbajan in the third row column.. and the news never made the top column.. while shaoib and asif's news was in the top calumn for days.. the india madia made a laugh out of it.. here is the example to prove it..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tc_f8Exwcfg

and he's a coward on what basis??? sorry m8...but i cant take anhthing ur sayin seriously on this thread simply because ur hate 4 sreesanth is soooo much that its clouding ur judgement....plus, i dnt think u gt the difference bt sledging and violence...ur under the impression that its the same thing.

he is coward in basis of crying like babies after being slaped, he is coward in basis of leting someone slaping him first of all.. i could care less what people think about my opinion of him.. all i saw was a guy who acts like gang star and sledge legend cricketers were crying like a baby..that makes him coward, gutless and nothing else but a street punk..,

8-) It's on the front page of Cricinfo and most Indian media sources. Haroon, don't you get tired of bashing India at every opportunity?

i never saw it in the front column of cricinfo.com.. the way they had shaoib and asif's news.. and most importantly i never saw it reported in star news of india the way they reported shoaib and asif's news.. look up there i have provided the website..

Anil

Hall of Fame Member

do you have any proof that sreesanth actually cried in order to get back at harb? in fact do you have any sure knowledge of why he cried? if it was a deliberate act, there are other, much better ways of doing so...he could've just reported the issue and be done with it instead of generating fake tears...what about his past antics leads you to believe that? your logic doesn't make much sense....hate/contempt/dislike...whatever it is...the simple fact that you cannot look at this incident in isolation and come to a conclusion shows that you are prejudging the guy based on your past perceptions...and where did i say that your opinion should be swayed by his tears? mine certainly haven't, i still think the guy is an idiot and has shown a fair bit of instability after coming into the limelight, what i can't see is based on what we've heard so far, how he is to blame for this incident?