Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Bhajji 'slaps' Sreesanth, leaves him cryin

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    It takes a big man to walk away from someone who is being aggressive. Hitting back brings you down to their level.

Obviously if you're being attacked in a situation like being mugged etc, it's self defense and even survival.

But having an argument, a spat, and getting physical over it? Stupidity.
    Firstly this is not about an argument or a spat, its when someone hits or slaps you.
    Secondly I am not a Gandhi and I don't pretend to be one. Besides I don't think Gandhi is relevant in todays world.

Hitting back may 'bring you to their level' but this philosophy just does not work in life.........try telling the jews/kurds/armenians etc to turn the other cheek.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirdj View Post
    Firstly this is not about an argument or a spat, its when someone hits or slaps you.
    Secondly I am not a Gandhi and I don't pretend to be one. Besides I don't think Gandhi is relevant in todays world.
    Yeah, but why do they hit or slap you? Or are all the fights you witnessed completely spontaneous fights where both parties just start hitting for no reason?

Hitting back may 'bring you to their level' but this philosophy just does not work in life.........try telling the jews/kurds/armenians etc to turn the other cheek.
    lolz. I'm going out to watch a movie. I may bother to reply to this particular line when I get back. Or I could basically sum it up now: it's not the same thing.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Or are all the fights you witnessed completely spontaneous fights where both parties just start hitting for no reason?
    Yes, IMO.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Agreed, if some people fight when wronged everyone should. Ghandi doesn't apply to the modern day because mankind has inherently changed, we have wars and violence now. Not like back then. Lets go to war with China, North Korea, Iran, Libya, Australia, diplomacy is no longer relevant today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

This looks so much a publicity stunt...we don't know if it's really genuine.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Geez don't have a cry about it.
    I think we are all being a bit too harsh on Sree Santh, i myself ain't a fan of him either, he has said and done stupid things in the past but still he doesn't deserves this, its really embarassing to be slapped openely in public by a senior member of your team, and Sree Santh probably was feeling embarrassed and helpless at that moment and that's why he probably broke-down, Harbhajan is definitely a "obnoxious weed", use some weed-killer on him.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    It is amusing to see the direction this debate has taken. Its not a question of whether one should be aggressive or passive in the face of aggression or whether one should or should not break down in public. One cant talk of these things as this is right and that is wrong. Individuals are made differently and react differently to being put in such situations.

The issue is what one does (and should avoid doing) to get into such a situation in the first place.

Sreesanth has been behaving like this for quite sometime. I am surprised no one close to him asked him what he was planning to do if their was a violent reaction to his obnoxious behaviour.

Similarly, Harbhajan needs to sit down and think coolly (doubt if he will on his own) or someone very close to him needs to tell him, there will be such provocations on the cricket field. Are you always going to react violently ? Are you prepared for the consequences of such violence from your side both immediately on the field where a Hayden might break his jaw with a right hook or a Javed Miandad might break open his skull with a bat, and from the authorities.

Is he prepared for the consequences of such hot-headedness ?

That is the issue and this is what they should both be asking themselves (doubtful since they have shown very little capacity to think) or someone should be asking them.

Yeah, but why do they hit or slap you? Or are all the fights you witnessed completely spontaneous fights where both parties just start hitting for no reason?
    In this case Sreesanth reported said "tough luck" or "hard luck" to Bhajji when they were passing each other.
    If Sreesanth did not say that in a way to rile Bhajji, I dont see anything wrong with what he said.

And it does not always take two people to start a fight, it sometimes just takes one idiot. And like I said earlier I don't go looking for a fight, but sometimes its just a case of a bad situation in a bad place and someone throws a punch.

lolz. I'm going out to watch a movie. I may bother to reply to this particular line when I get back. Or I could basically sum it up now: it's not the same thing.
    Why, you are basically saying if someone hits you don't fight back. From there on its just a question of scale.
    Last edited by sirdj; 26-04-2008 at 01:44 AM.

Agreed, if some people fight when wronged everyone should. Ghandi doesn't apply to the modern day because mankind has inherently changed, we have wars and violence now. Not like back then. Lets go to war with China, North Korea, Iran, Libya, Australia, diplomacy is no longer relevant today.
    Where and when have China, North Korea, Iran, Libya and Australia taken military action against the Kiwis?? So if you do go to war with them you talking about preemptive action on these countries.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Looks like you kids have never been in a proper fight but like to discuss the possibilities of one till no end.
    I have been in a good number of fights(boarding school), been in school boxing squad and witnessed at least a 100 fisticuffs or so more in my 12 years in boarding school.........not one of them caused any serious injury that changed anyone's life.
    explains ur outlook to life.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

It takes a big man to walk away from someone who is being aggressive. Hitting back brings you down to their level.

Obviously if you're being attacked in a situation like being mugged etc, it's self defense and even survival.

But having an argument, a spat, and getting physical over it? Stupidity.
    esp. over cricket...... It is a sport, ffs...

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    explains ur outlook to life.
    Glad to know that you have finally understood something today.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Where and when have China, North Korea, Iran, Libya and Australia taken military action against the Kiwis?? So if you do go to war with them you talking about preemptive action on these countries.
    Not New Zealand, society in general. China is in Tibet, lets use force. Libya and Iran have funded terrorists? Lets retaliate. Australia has a lot of Aussies? Bomb them.

Where do you draw the line?

Glad to know that you have finally understood something today.
    wish I could say the same about you............

Na reckon Sree isn't in the wrong at all here, sure he might be a bit of a baby but the bashing here is certainly unjustified. Slapping a guy who is your Indian national team mate is just ridiculous and really pathetic.
    Reminds me of Rooney and Ronaldo... only this scene between Sree and Harb seems more pathetic... But I was and am very amused as I ardently dislike all four of them.
    Harb should just hang his head in shame, while Sreesanth should really get psychiatric help; when he grows up that is.
    Member Of AAAS

Supporter of:
    Liverpool FC
    Ferrari F1
    Iron Maiden (Bombay.Feb 1st,2008...I was there)
    UP THE IRONS !!!

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information