• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bhajji 'slaps' Sreesanth, leaves him cryin

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
It takes a big man to walk away from someone who is being aggressive. Hitting back brings you down to their level.

Obviously if you're being attacked in a situation like being mugged etc, it's self defense and even survival.

But having an argument, a spat, and getting physical over it? Stupidity.
esp. over cricket...... It is a sport, ffs...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Where and when have China, North Korea, Iran, Libya and Australia taken military action against the Kiwis?? So if you do go to war with them you talking about preemptive action on these countries.
Not New Zealand, society in general. China is in Tibet, lets use force. Libya and Iran have funded terrorists? Lets retaliate. Australia has a lot of Aussies? Bomb them.

Where do you draw the line?

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Na reckon Sree isn't in the wrong at all here, sure he might be a bit of a baby but the bashing here is certainly unjustified. Slapping a guy who is your Indian national team mate is just ridiculous and really pathetic.
Reminds me of Rooney and Ronaldo... only this scene between Sree and Harb seems more pathetic... But I was and am very amused as I ardently dislike all four of them.
Harb should just hang his head in shame, while Sreesanth should really get psychiatric help; when he grows up that is.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Not New Zealand, society in general. China is in Tibet, lets use force. Libya and Iran have funded terrorists? Lets retaliate. Australia has a lot of Aussies? Bomb them.

Where do you draw the line?
If Tibetans indeed want freedom..........they will have to try our something different. 40 years of non-violent struggle has not got them anywhere...........15 minutes of violent protest during the torch relay gave them news headlines all over the world.
If the world chooses to ignore non-violent protest and only wake up when violence is caused then they leave future protesters no other options.

Most countries in the world have funded terrorism..........please do not be so naive as to believe that the Kiwis have had no hand in it.................as Peter Ustinov famously said “Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich.”

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed, if some people fight when wronged everyone should. Ghandi doesn't apply to the modern day because mankind has inherently changed, we have wars and violence now. Not like back then. Lets go to war with China, North Korea, Iran, Libya, Australia, diplomacy is no longer relevant today.
And with that attitude nothing will ever change. Worst thing I've read all day.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is amusing to see the direction this debate has taken. Its not a question of whether one should be aggressive or passive in the face of aggression or whether one should or should not break down in public. One cant talk of these things as this is right and that is wrong. Individuals are made differently and react differently to being put in such situations.

The issue is what one does (and should avoid doing) to get into such a situation in the first place.

Sreesanth has been behaving like this for quite sometime. I am surprised no one close to him asked him what he was planning to do if their was a violent reaction to his obnoxious behaviour.

Similarly, Harbhajan needs to sit down and think coolly (doubt if he will on his own) or someone very close to him needs to tell him, there will be such provocations on the cricket field. Are you always going to react violently ? Are you prepared for the consequences of such violence from your side both immediately on the field where a Hayden might break his jaw with a right hook or a Javed Miandad might break open his skull with a bat, and from the authorities.

Is he prepared for the consequences of such hot-headedness ?

That is the issue and this is what they should both be asking themselves (doubtful since they have shown very little capacity to think) or someone should be asking them.
Tbh, I think the time for that has passed.

Harby has the worst disciplinary record in the game AND in the space of less than 12 months has allegedly committed arguably the worst offences possible in our game.

Talking hasnt worked

The humiliation of appearing in court hasnt worked

Time for an extended holiday accompanied by the financial penalties that will come with having his IPL contract ripped up

Anything less and the cricket world will know that all the statements about cleaning the game up have been nothing more than lip-service

Flem274*

123/5
Sreesanth, whatever he may be, is not at fault here. AWTA to all those who backed him in here.

Sirdj and Sanz, get lost.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Serious lollage at this thread.

There is nothing wrong with crying, it takes a real man to cry and not be ashamed of himself.

Keep up the "uh I'm so manly I don't cry" facade, sirdj.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tbh, I think the time for that has passed.

Harby has the worst disciplinary record in the game AND in the space of less than 12 months has allegedly committed arguably the worst offences possible in our game.

Talking hasnt worked

The humiliation of appearing in court hasnt worked

Time for an extended holiday accompanied by the financial penalties that will come with having his IPL contract ripped up

Anything less and the cricket world will know that all the statements about cleaning the game up have been nothing more than lip-service
You are probably correct. Harbhajan deserves any punishment handed out to him.

And I hope Sreesanth starts concentrating on his bowling from now on

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Trust you to have a table lying conveniently.............there are no limits to the what-ifs in life........you live by the philosophy of turning the other cheek......good for you.........don't expect everyone to behave in the same way as you do, and don't cry if someone does deck you.
Haha trust me to leave a table lying around? You don't even know who I am. That could be the worst reply to a point being made I have ever seen.

And its not that uncommon, I've had to study a few cases similar, and how often is it in the news? Innocent people who have been provoked, and retorted due to emotions without thinking have got themselves in trouble.

masterblaster

International Captain
You are probably correct. Harbhajan deserves any punishment handed out to him.

And I hope Sreesanth starts concentrating on his bowling from now on
That would truly be the hidden blessing in this ugly incident. If this incident allows Sreesanth to get rid of all his verbal crap and just focus on his bowling, then it'll be an incident that was worth while in the long run.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sreesanth, whatever he may be, is not at fault here. AWTA to all those who backed him in here.

Sirdj and Sanz, get lost.

Abso****inglutely. Feel sorry for Sree here, he did nothing wrong and copped one from a frustrated inadequate little man.

I'm at wits end with Harbi now. He's so used to getting away with all his misdemeanours he think's he's kingshiit right now. Sree says he doesn't want to make a complaint but Moody says he will on behalf of the team. I don't care if Harbi plays for my teams, throw the book at him. He's gotten away with way too much and we can't let this one slide.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Serious lollage at this thread.

There is nothing wrong with crying, it takes a real man to cry and not be ashamed of himself.

Keep up the "uh I'm so manly I don't cry" facade, sirdj.
And you keep reassuring yourself that its OK to cry in public like that when someone hits you and it does not make you any less of a man.