• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bhajji 'slaps' Sreesanth, leaves him cryin

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
He slaps you, you punch him, he falls and hits his head on the back of a table, your life changes forever.
Trust you to have a table lying conveniently.............there are no limits to the what-ifs in life........you live by the philosophy of turning the other cheek......good for you.........don't expect everyone to behave in the same way as you do, and don't cry if someone does deck you.

R_D

International Debutant
Trust you to have a table lying conveniently.............there are no limits to the what-ifs in life........you live by the philosophy of turning the other cheek......good for you.........don't expect everyone to behave in the same way as you do, and don't cry if someone does deck you.
ok how about hitting his head on the floor.
or are you going to watch when you punch them back.... like a place where the floor is nice and soft ?

masterblaster

International Captain
Doesn't have to be a table. All he has to do is just fall back and crack his head on the floor. A physical outburst to get even is not worth risking somebody's life even if they've treated you wrongly.

Also when an Indian spot is on the line, Sreesanth has behaved admirably today. He has said he wants to distance himself and move on. He realises that to play for India, you will have to play with Harbhajan. No point in 'decking' him and ruining his career forever.

You may choose to live your life impulsively, but it's going to cost you more than you know. As for Jono, I doubt he's the type of person who would rile anybody up in the first place and by all accounts is a great bloke. :)

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
ok how about hitting his head on the floor.
or are you going to watch when you punch them back.... like a place where the floor is nice and soft ?
Looks like you kids have never been in a proper fight but like to discuss the possibilities of one till no end.
I have been in a good number of fights(boarding school), been in school boxing squad and witnessed at least a 100 fisticuffs or so more in my 12 years in boarding school.........not one of them caused any serious injury that changed anyone's life.

masterblaster

International Captain
Looks like you kids have never been in a proper fight but like to discuss the possibilities of one till no end.
I have been in a good number of fights(boarding school), been in school boxing squad and witnessed at least a 100 fisticuffs or so more in my 12 years in boarding school.........not one of them caused any serious injury that changed anyone's life.
That I can see. You seem to have a lot of built up 'machismo' running through your system. All well and good on the surface, doesn't do much good in a real life situation.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also when an Indian spot is on the line, Sreesanth has behaved admirably today. He has said he wants to distance himself and move on. He realises that to play for India, you will have to play with Harbhajan. No point in 'decking' him and ruining his career forever.
Yeah he's impressed me.

Have to admit I probably would have expected him to behave a lot less maturely.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
They are both jackasses and this just just shows them up. Its impossible to take sides. Both of them need to come to grief for being such obnoxious fellows and what better way to have that by the two getting into a confrontational situation.

They totally deserve each other.

There are a couple of other Indian cricketers who are equally likely to get into a similar situation if they get carried away when confronted by each other in a similar way.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
That I can see. You seem to have a lot of built up 'machismo' running through your system. All well and good on the surface, doesn't do much good in a real life situation.
I am not saying that I go around looking for a fight, I just don't back off a fight.........its not in my genes. If someone does throw the first punch he is definitely going to get one back.

As far as real life situations goes.....lets see when someone does hit you in real life before you start saying what you should or will do. In that situation if you can live with the fact that you were slapped and can walk away and never think about it.......then good........and give yourself a 'peace' medal. I get my satisfaction from the fact that I hit back.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I am not saying that I go around looking for a fight, I just don't back off a fight.........its not in my genes. If someone does throw the first punch he is definitely going to get one back.

As far as real life situations goes.....lets see when someone does hit you in real life before you start saying what you should or will do. In that situation if you can live with the fact that you were slapped and can walk away and never think about it.......then good........and give yourself a 'peace' medal. I get my satisfaction from the fact that I hit back.
It takes a big man to walk away from someone who is being aggressive. Hitting back brings you down to their level.

Obviously if you're being attacked in a situation like being mugged etc, it's self defense and even survival.

But having an argument, a spat, and getting physical over it? Stupidity.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
It takes a big man to walk away from someone who is being aggressive. Hitting back brings you down to their level.

Obviously if you're being attacked in a situation like being mugged etc, it's self defense and even survival.

But having an argument, a spat, and getting physical over it? Stupidity.
Firstly this is not about an argument or a spat, its when someone hits or slaps you.
Secondly I am not a Gandhi and I don't pretend to be one. Besides I don't think Gandhi is relevant in todays world.

Hitting back may 'bring you to their level' but this philosophy just does not work in life.........try telling the jews/kurds/armenians etc to turn the other cheek.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Firstly this is not about an argument or a spat, its when someone hits or slaps you.
Secondly I am not a Gandhi and I don't pretend to be one. Besides I don't think Gandhi is relevant in todays world.
Yeah, but why do they hit or slap you? Or are all the fights you witnessed completely spontaneous fights where both parties just start hitting for no reason?

Hitting back may 'bring you to their level' but this philosophy just does not work in life.........try telling the jews/kurds/armenians etc to turn the other cheek.
lolz. I'm going out to watch a movie. I may bother to reply to this particular line when I get back. Or I could basically sum it up now: it's not the same thing.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Agreed, if some people fight when wronged everyone should. Ghandi doesn't apply to the modern day because mankind has inherently changed, we have wars and violence now. Not like back then. Lets go to war with China, North Korea, Iran, Libya, Australia, diplomacy is no longer relevant today.

pup11

International Coach
Geez don't have a cry about it. ;)
I think we are all being a bit too harsh on Sree Santh, i myself ain't a fan of him either, he has said and done stupid things in the past but still he doesn't deserves this, its really embarassing to be slapped openely in public by a senior member of your team, and Sree Santh probably was feeling embarrassed and helpless at that moment and that's why he probably broke-down, Harbhajan is definitely a "obnoxious weed", use some weed-killer on him.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
It is amusing to see the direction this debate has taken. Its not a question of whether one should be aggressive or passive in the face of aggression or whether one should or should not break down in public. One cant talk of these things as this is right and that is wrong. Individuals are made differently and react differently to being put in such situations.

The issue is what one does (and should avoid doing) to get into such a situation in the first place.

Sreesanth has been behaving like this for quite sometime. I am surprised no one close to him asked him what he was planning to do if their was a violent reaction to his obnoxious behaviour.

Similarly, Harbhajan needs to sit down and think coolly (doubt if he will on his own) or someone very close to him needs to tell him, there will be such provocations on the cricket field. Are you always going to react violently ? Are you prepared for the consequences of such violence from your side both immediately on the field where a Hayden might break his jaw with a right hook or a Javed Miandad might break open his skull with a bat, and from the authorities.

Is he prepared for the consequences of such hot-headedness ?

That is the issue and this is what they should both be asking themselves (doubtful since they have shown very little capacity to think) or someone should be asking them.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, but why do they hit or slap you? Or are all the fights you witnessed completely spontaneous fights where both parties just start hitting for no reason?
In this case Sreesanth reported said "tough luck" or "hard luck" to Bhajji when they were passing each other.
If Sreesanth did not say that in a way to rile Bhajji, I dont see anything wrong with what he said.

And it does not always take two people to start a fight, it sometimes just takes one idiot. And like I said earlier I don't go looking for a fight, but sometimes its just a case of a bad situation in a bad place and someone throws a punch.

lolz. I'm going out to watch a movie. I may bother to reply to this particular line when I get back. Or I could basically sum it up now: it's not the same thing.
Why, you are basically saying if someone hits you don't fight back. From there on its just a question of scale.

Last edited:

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Agreed, if some people fight when wronged everyone should. Ghandi doesn't apply to the modern day because mankind has inherently changed, we have wars and violence now. Not like back then. Lets go to war with China, North Korea, Iran, Libya, Australia, diplomacy is no longer relevant today.
Where and when have China, North Korea, Iran, Libya and Australia taken military action against the Kiwis?? So if you do go to war with them you talking about preemptive action on these countries.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
explains ur outlook to life. :)