• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rate the IPL captains

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Ok... so rate them from 1-8 (9, if we include Harbhajan)...

For me, so far it has been...

1. Warne
2. Sehwag
3. Ganguly
4. Dhoni
5. Dravid
6. Laxman
7. Yuvraj
8. Harbhajan

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
1. Warne, 2. Ganguly, 3. Dhoni, 4. Sehwag, 5. Dravid, 6. Harbhajan, 7. Laxman, 8.Yuvraj.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
1. Dhoni
2. Warne
3. Ganguly
4. Sehwag
5. Dravid
6. Laxman
7. Harbhajan
8. Yuvraj

Hard to really tell who is worse out of Laxman, Harbhajan and Yuvraj. All have been extremely poor. Laxman and Yuvraj don't seem to have much control out there, with Gilchirst and Sangakkara in their ears all the time. Pontng the same with Ganguly but Ganguly puts in his place well. Harbhajan just doesn't seem to know what he is doing.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say:
  • Warne
  • Sehwag
  • Dravid
  • Ganguly
  • Harbhajan
  • Dhoni
  • Yuvraj
  • Laxman
It's a pity seeing Laxman so low down, since he was once a good captain for Hyderabad/South/RestOfIndia when he got a match. We see Harbhajan a little higher, because he's had to lead a depleted team and he's got a lot out of them. Dhoni may have won two matches, but he's done nothing of note as captain and relied a lot on star players and there's always that chance of that team imploding. Likewise Ganguly, who relies too much on McCullum and Ishant. The captaincy has been just average, and captains have only been riding on success of their stars. Yuvraj, though, is just unlucky.

haroon510

International 12th Man
well just wondering how did they choose these captains? cuz choosing guys like Yuvi, Harbajan singh and sehwag over the rest of their team mates seems pretty rediculaous..

GGG

State Captain
well just wondering how did they choose these captains? cuz choosing guys like Yuvi, Harbajan singh and sehwag over the rest of their team mates seems pretty rediculaous..

I think it is a mixture of having the most marketable captain (most famous Indian) and the fact that Ponting, Smith etc are not available for the whole tournement and in Flemings case not good enough to play every game.

ret

International Debutant
in no particular order

top drawer:
Warne, Dhoni, Sehwag & Tendulkar, who will be in the top drawer

middle drawer:
Ganguly

bottom drawer:
Dravid, Laxman & Yuvi

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ok... so rate them from 1-8 (9, if we include Harbhajan)...

For me, so far it has been...

1. Warne
2. Sehwag
3. Ganguly
4. Dhoni
5. Dravid
6. Laxman
7. Yuvraj
8. Harbhajan
Agree with that list, except maybe Dhoni will turn out a better captain than Sehwag and Ganguly.

Bhajji really has been terrible for mine. That lack of backbone he showed by only bowling two overs last match was ridiculous, he probably enjoyed the power trip of being a captain but doesn't seem smart enough or gutsy enough to be a proper captain. Need Sachin back ASAP.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
in no particular order

top drawer:
Warne, Dhoni, Sehwag & Tendulkar, who will be in the top drawer

middle drawer:
Ganguly

bottom drawer:
Dravid, Laxman & Yuvi
So Tendulkar in top drawer as captain on what basis, leading from the pavillion and losing all the matches so far ?

ret

International Debutant
So Tendulkar in top drawer as captain on what basis, leading from the pavillion and losing all the matches so far ?
only if you could read properly .... for your benefit, i will quote it again in and if you still don't get it then who cares .... just read properly, let's not increase the dumbness quotient, which is already at record level, of this forum

Tendulkar, who WILL BE in the top drawer
which means that whenever he comes on to lead the side, he will be the top drawer stuff .... and it's taken that an assumption

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
only if you could read properly .... for your benefit, i will quote it again in and if you still don't get it then who cares .... just read properly, let's not increase the dumbness quotient, which is already at record level, of this forum
Please don't abuse forum members. Thanks.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Warne is amazing, so inspiring and tactical at the same time.

One thing I'll say about Sehwag, he may not always be the best role model with the bat, but he is a great thinking captain when he's on the field. I remember when he was the VC for India, and he really looked great when he was in charge temporarily on the field.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member

which means that whenever he comes on to lead the side, he will be the top drawer stuff .... and it's taken that an assumption
Dont change yor statement, You said :- "...Warne, Dhoni, Sehwag & Tendulkar, who will be in the top drawer "

And there is a fair bit of ambiguity in the first statement.

And as far as the dumbness quotient of the forum touching the record level, I must say, your arrival on the forum must have made the difference, otherwise we were doing just fine.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

rotf..... if this place is so out of the league of your Highness' intelligence quotients why the hell are you still here?????

ret

International Debutant
And as far as the dumbness quotient of the forum touching the record level, I must say, your arrival on the forum must have made the difference, otherwise we were doing just fine.
am I the one who is reading things as they are not suppose to be 8-)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I would be glad to know what dumb thing have I written here
Everything that you write is pretty dumb, but I will start with the following :-

"..let's not increase the dumbness quotient, which is already at record level, of this forum.."

Pretty dumb thing to write.