• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistani domestic cricketers get paid $ 50 per match

Xuhaib

International Coach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3EEK5hnbQg&feature=related
:-O :-O
Watch Waqar Younis and Saleem Altaf discuss it at 23 minute mark.

Simply shocking and disgusting. This means if a player gets to play 3 matches per month he makes only $150 HELL!!! even my dad's chauffeur makes more then $ 150, no wonder boys from middle class households are not taking up cricket as a profession these days.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ridiculous. Only recently have Indian domestic cricketers started making very good wages. I think they make Rs.80,000 per match.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Old one. Watched it long back. No wonder no Pakistani cricketer present or past wants to be associated with PCB.

Aquib Javed -Batta coach ( aka Bowling coach, suspect action) :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
It's not directly comparable due to the differences in purchasing power, but you're absolutely right that it is ridiculous still.
So my plane lands in Lahore and I'm in the City Centre and I take $50 out of my wallet, where would or how long would it last for?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
So my plane lands in Lahore and I'm in the City Centre and I take $50 out of my wallet, where would or how long would it last for?
Depends. If you are a generous bloke and want to maintain the same living standard like your home country, it will end up before you get out of the plane(You will end up spending that money shopping in Sky Mall or making phone calls from the plane itself).

If you are not so generous and can stay in any 3rd world style hotel, then I would say 50 USD may last about a week.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
So 50 USD then. How does that translate to Pakistani dollars? Nothing compared to the WI though mind you

Xuhaib

International Coach
Depends. If you are a generous bloke and want to maintain the same living standard like your home country, it will end up before you get out of the plane(You will end up spending that money shopping in Sky Mall or making phone calls from the plane itself).

If you are not so generous and can stay in any 3rd world style hotel, then I would say 50 USD may last about a week.
Yup. Only if you are very cheap stingy bastard:p will it last for a week.

I would say 3 day max.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't say I'm terribly surprised, but it's a disappointment, obviously.

Wonder what the odds are of something being done by someone to improve matters... any time soon?

Beleg

International Regular
Yup. Only if you are very cheap stingy bastard:p will it last for a week.

I would say 3 day max.
50 bucks is 3000+ rupees. a middle class single man can live off that easily for a week and still have change to spare.

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
simply pathetic...pcb needs to get a life...paying all the money to useless people and those who deserve dont get anything

Xuhaib

International Coach
A few days back I heard a rumor that the board chairman paid $ 150,000 duty on his foreign imported BMW, and I am sure all that money wasn't paid from his own pocket.:@