• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New England Team :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You'd hope that this might possibly put him ahead of Anderson. This is the most hopeful (on that front) I've been since the end of the NZ tour.

Especially if he can convert it into a seven- or eight-for, which you always fancy doing if you grab the first five then get a night's rest.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
You'd hope that this might possibly put him ahead of Anderson. This is the most hopeful (on that front) I've been since the end of the NZ tour.

Especially if he can convert it into a seven- or eight-for, which you always fancy doing if you grab the first five then get a night's rest.
Six won't do his chances any harm though, especially if he can take a few in their 2nd innings as well.

EDIT
I've just realised Hants' 1st innings isn't over yet.

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Sorry to nitpick, but Shah played a test match 11 months ago. However, you could pick Rob Key to open and play Butcher at 4, where he's currently batting for Surrey.
oops...Key replaces Shah, but I think Butcher should open...

1. Marcus Trescothick - 32
2. Mark Butcher - 35
3. Robert Key - 28
4. Mark Ramprakash - 38
5. Graeme Hick - 41
6. Stuart Law - 39
7. Andrew Flintoff - 30
8. Nic Pothas - 34
9. Robert Croft - 37
10. Simon Jones - 29
11. Andrew Caddick - 39

btw, I think they'd beat NZ :ph34r:

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
1 Butcher
2 Trescothick
and
Nic not Nick
:@

And as I say - Simon Jones appears to be crocked... again... you may be surprised to hear.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I was thinking more of the obvious point that I would not have a post to respond to, telling you that I'm ignoring you, if I were actually ignoring you. And aside from my mod status, I actually enjoy the majority of your posts, if only for the debates they tend to inspire.

Flem274*

123/5
Wasn't a joke, and I've got you on "Ignore" anyway.

Yes, I'm aware of the flawed logic here.
Patriotism says I cannot accept this and says that we'd crush them. If we can beat your current line up then pie chuckers like Mahmood haven't a hope in hell. I'd back Bangladesh to beat them, especially since Caddicks body wouldn't last and Mustard would drop everything.:p

Furious bitter rant over.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Patriotism says I cannot accept this and says that we'd crush them. If we can beat your current line up then pie chuckers like Mahmood haven't a hope in hell. I'd back Bangladesh to beat them, especially since Caddicks body wouldn't last and Mustard would drop everything.:p

ummm, Pothas is the "Oldie - Ignored-injury prone" WK, so who cares if Mustard drops everything ;) Fair point on Caddick, but he is 39....

Actually, if we make it a 3-day game, I'm sure Flintoff, Jones & Caddick could survive and that's makes an attack that may match NZ....then seeing as the "Oldie" batting is better than NZ...... :)

Flem274*

123/5
ummm, Pothas is the "Oldie - Ignored-injury prone" WK, so who cares if Mustard drops everything ;) Fair point on Caddick, but he is 39....

Actually, if we make it a 3-day game, I'm sure Flintoff, Jones & Caddick could survive and that's makes an attack that may match NZ....then seeing as the "Oldie" batting is better than NZ...... :)
If NZ includes James Marshall then yes. Would personally love it if you selected Hick, Ramprakash, Butcher and Trescothick, especially if the pitch was green. Our bowling would tear it to pieces.:p

Flintoff is almost as bad as Bond, he'd be in hospital by lunch, Jones before the warm up and Caddick won't even get there if we steal his wheelchair.:p

Seriously, if we arrange a disappearance for Sidebottom and disguise Vettori as Marshall then we've got you covered.:cool:

Sadly, nobody listens to me..:down:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

No particular reason to suggest Caddick's body wouldn't last TBH - Simon Jones, yes, but Caddick has had virtually no fitness problems over the last 5 seasons.