• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in West Indies

James

Cricket Web Owner
May 2008

Fri 16 - Sun 18
14:00 GMT TBC v Australians
Venue TBC

Thu 22 - Mon 26
10:00 local, 15:00 GMT 1st Test - West Indies v Australia
Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Fri 30 - Tue 3

10:00 local, 14:00 GMT 2nd Test - West Indies v Australia
Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, North Sound, Antigua

June 2008

Thu 12 - Mon 16
10:00 local, 14:00 GMT 3rd Test - West Indies v Australia
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Fri 20
14:00 local, 18:00 GMT Only Twenty20 International - West Indies v Australia
Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Sat 21 Floodlit Match
10:00 local, 14:00 GMT University of West Indies Vice Chancellor's XI v Australians
Three Ws Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Tue 24
09:30 local, 13:30 GMT 1st ODI - West Indies v Australia
Arnos Vale Ground, Kingstown, St Vincent

Fri 27

09:30 local, 13:30 GMT 2nd ODI - West Indies v Australia
National Cricket Stadium, St George's, Grenada

Sun 29
09:30 local, 13:30 GMT 3rd ODI - West Indies v Australia
National Cricket Stadium, St George's, Grenada

July 2008

Fri 4
09:30 local, 13:30 GMT 4th ODI - West Indies v Australia
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts

Sun 6

09:30 local, 13:30 GMT 5th ODI - West Indies v Australia
Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May be going out on a limb here but I predict a comfortable win for Australia.

/thread

(could NOT have imagined myself saying that in the early 90's!)

Laurrz

International Debutant
the recent series v Lanka would've lifted their spirits... i would've said Aussies would smash em but now i recn they'll put up a good fight after that series

Will be looking forward to some test cricket when this starts.. (even with the difficult time zones)

Jaques
Hayden
Ponting*
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin+
Lee
Johnson
Clark
MacGill

solid team that

brockley

International Captain
Can we afford to play symmonds they are flat batting tracks,its not as if symmo is a front line bowler.i would rather have casson or noffke at 7 to bowl the windies out.We did this last time,doubt symmo will take a 5 for especially after his miserable 20/20 form.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Can we afford to play symmonds they are flat batting tracks,its not as if symmo is a front line bowler.i would rather have casson or noffke at 7 to bowl the windies out.We did this last time,doubt symmo will take a 5 for especially after his miserable 20/20 form.
Im not sure if it will be flat tracks..

Flem274*

123/5
They always are this is westindian cricket you know,how else will the windies compete.
Play well?

TBH their batting line up looks OK and their seamers are coming along. Prepare some greentops, take a punt. They're underdogs anyway.

Hope they win, its about time they came back from the depths.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry to take this thread really OT, but Phlegm, do you have MSN?

Perm

All good.

EDIT: Actually, on second thought, give me a text.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
the recent series v Lanka would've lifted their spirits... i would've said Aussies would smash em but now i recn they'll put up a good fight after that series

Will be looking forward to some test cricket when this starts.. (even with the difficult time zones)

Jaques
Hayden
Ponting*
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin+
Lee
Johnson
Clark
MacGill

solid team that
Most definitely. With a guy like Simon Katich waiting as a reserve player, Australia has plenty of depth. Their bowling will be tested though on pretty flat West Indian conditions. I don't see the batting faltering, but the bowling may be a bit of a let down.

Perm

Kk. You do realize putting your number on the net is a tad silly though?:unsure:
Edit your post and it'll be gone ;)

Doesn't really worry me anyway. Gundry already has it, Athers probably does, would tell Volty what it is if he needed it. Nobody from outside NZ will text me, costs too much I imagine.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So in conditions good for batting, you pick one less batsman? :dontgetit It puts too much pressure on the remaining batsmen to get runs and makes an awfully long tail. 4 bowlers + all-rounder should be enough to bowl teams out in most conditions. And if guys like Yuvraj have shown us anything, it's that 20/20 form counts for squat when the heat of a Test series is on.

Mister Wright

Symonds' bowling has shown to be handy at test level and has picked up wickets at crucial times and can get on a roll and bag 3 quickly. He'll be valuable especially if he can get some big scores.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Katich > Symonds

Also got a 5-fer in Test cricket. Symonds could never get a 5-fer even against Bangladesh.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Most definitely. With a guy like Simon Katich waiting as a reserve player, Australia has plenty of depth. Their bowling will be tested though on pretty flat West Indian conditions. I don't see the batting faltering, but the bowling may be a bit of a let down.
tbh i dont trust our batting anymore.. i think our bowlers will do a good job actually.... with MacGill likely not to get punished that badly against the Windies batsmen.. (bar two of their batsmen i spose)
Lee Clark Johnson are v clever bowlers

i do hope Fraz gets the new ball.. and Midge is first drop..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
tbh i dont trust our batting anymore.. i think our bowlers will do a good job actually.... with MacGill likely not to get punished that badly against the Windies batsmen.. (bar two of their batsmen i spose)
Lee Clark Johnson are v clever bowlers

i do hope Fraz gets the new ball.. and Midge is first drop..
West Indies have improved their batting against spin a fair bit. Did you watch them bat against Murali in the last Test series and to a lesser extent against Harris in SA.

Laurrz

International Debutant
West Indies have improved their batting against spin a fair bit. Did you watch them bat against Murali in the last Test series and to a lesser extent against Harris in SA.
yea i was gonna say about Murali..
is he out of form?

either way he wouldnt get punished as much as if it was India!

Harris is a pretty defensive bowler.. not hard to negotiate..
that new kid Mendis really did make em look clueless though