• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you were born as a cricketer who would you like to be?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmmm... Someone very, very fast at the old bowling crease, but with unerring accuracy and a startling ability to smash the stumps out of the ground...

I'm thinking Waqar Younis.

If I had an interest in batting a little better, then probably Keith Miller.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Waqar. I can already bowl in-swinging yorkers but doing them at 150km/h+ would just be awesome fun.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
this is to creepy for me to answer...

however.... there is plenty of jesse ryders in NZ not to many get selected to play international cricket..hahah

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
Sachin Tendulkar, just to experience having every run or ball faced analysed by hundreds of millons of people back in India and around the world both amongst fans and the media.

Otherwise either one of Hansie Cronje, Lance Klusener or Damien Martyn because I think they are/were complex characters and what went or goes through their head would be interesting.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I WAS born as a cricketer :@

I would love to be Jack Hobbs but born in the Modern times.

I would score zillions of runs and not get out even once till I was sixty years old :)

Or Syd Barnes and get a ten for in every match for a single digit average. :)

Ideally I would love to be both. !!

FRAZ

International Captain
I would like to see myself as a great fast bowler , who is the fastest in the world and every one is just plain jelous of him ............

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Miller first, then probably Warne.

Miller had the kind of life that you only read about in fantasy books or in movies. And even though he was kind of a bad-boy, he was loved for it. His character is what attracted both men and women to him. And he was also an all-time great Cricketer.

masterblaster

International Captain
Probably either Adam Gilchrist or Sachin Tendulkar. Gilchrist because I was always so hopeless at wicket keeping, so I stuck to bowling and doing some lower order batting. Tendulkar because he's a genius and just the very best at what he does.

Other than that, I would've also have loved to be Mark Ramprakash. I would have loved to be a prolific domestic batsman and make a better go at playing tests and succeeding than Ramprakash did himself with the amount of god given talent that he had.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Miller first, then probably Warne.

Miller had the kind of life that you only read about in fantasy books or in movies. And even though he was kind of a bad-boy, he was loved for it. His character is what attracted both men and women to him. And he was also an all-time great Cricketer.
:naughty: