• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

AT ODI XI of players who never played ODI's

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
Who would you pick in an All Time World ODI XI with the catch that the players picked have never played an ODI.

My XI

1. K.Miller
2. B.Richards
3. D.Bradman
4. W.Hammond
5. C.Macartney
6. N.Harvey
7. R.Lindwall
8. D.Tallon (+)
9. B.O'Reilly
10. C.Grimmett
11. S.Barnes

David Firth's XI in Inside Edge's '25 Years of One-Day Wizards'

1. W.Grace
2. V.Trumper
3. D.Bradman
4. K.Ranjitsinhji
5. W.Hammond
6. J.Gregory
7. L.Constantine
8. G.Jessop
9. M.Procter
10. D.Lindsay (+)
11. J.Iverson

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
1. Barry Richards
2. Jack Hobbs
3. Don Bradman
4. Walter Hammond
5. Everton Weekes
6. Keith Miller
7. Les Ames
8. Wilfred Rhodes
9. Fred Trueman
10. Ray Lindwall
11. Sydney Barnes

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'd be picking good List A players who never got selected in ODIs like Usman Afzaal (random example) ahead of these guys. I actually tried to do so but I simply don't know enough of unselected players of years gone by. Even some of those I tried to select like Matthew Elliott turned out to have played one ODI to throw it all off.

Richard would probably do a good job of it.

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'd be picking good List A players who never got selected in ODIs like Usman Afzaal (random example) ahead of these guys. I actually tried to do so but I simply don't know enough of unselected players of years gone by. Even some of those I tried to select like Matthew Elliott turned out to have played one ODI to throw it all off.
It's just an All Time XI that never played ODI's........so anyone who finished their career pre-1971 will do.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Richard would probably do a good job of it.
I was thinking the same thing. Otherwise you'd just be be picking the best batsman before ODI's were invented.

bagapath

International Captain
victor trumper
wg grace
don bradman
walter hammond
everton weeks
les ames (wk)
keith miller
jack gregory
alan davidson
richie benaud (c)
ray lindwall

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's just an All Time XI that never played ODI's........so anyone who finished their career pre-1971 will do.
Is the team going to play a Test though, or an ODI? I'd rather have Afzaal going into an ODI for me than Harvey for example, given Harvey never played one day cricket at all.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Is the team going to play a Test though, or an ODI? I'd rather have Afzaal going into an ODI for me than Harvey for example, given Harvey never played one day cricket at all.

Crikey.:eek: I'd rather have a player of proven class who I'd trust to adapt his game rather than a second rate loser who's not good enough.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
While I largely agree with the XIs posted above, I think room should be made in the middle order for Gilbert Jessop. He would have loved ODIs.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
01. V.Trumper
02. B.Richards
03. D.Bradman (c)
04. G.Pollock
05. C.Walcott
06. K.Miller
07. B.Oldfield (wk)
08. A.Davidson
09. F.Tyson
10. B.O'Reilly