• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rate the captains

Best Test match captain?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Disagree violently. Won a WC, sure, but he's to us what Ponting is to the rest of the world.
To my knowledge, Ranatunga never faced calls (however idiotic) for his resignation from within his own country.

Or were those aimed at Ponting solely from Peter Roebuck?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
TBH, I dont have a clue about about half of those in the list. My Ignorance on the issue is just so appalling.

I abstain.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think that it was only a select few and that point is more of an exaggeration than anything. Whilst there was a huge amount of respect from him in the side, I would never go as far as saying he 'milked his cult of personality for all it's worth'. You wouldn't be wrong in saying he wasn't an inspiring captain in the mould of Imran or Worrell, and you would never see him doing something like this but he never had to, really.
LOL. Out of all the famous inspirational speeches you choose that? Gold :lol:

Should have found one by EJ Whitten.