• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL ratings beat India-Australia ODI series, non India WC games

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I thought this deserved its own thread. Aside from beating the pants off any Test series, they're coming higher than even the India-Australia ODI series. Which is shocking to me, really. The ratings are twice as high as WC games not involving India, and according to television executives, they are 50% higher than expected.

Obviously there is the novelty factor, so we'll see how the ratings stand at the end of the tournament, but so far Sony Max's US$1 billion TV deal seems a steal. :laugh:

-Here

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Can't say I'm terribly surprised TBH - we always knew the thing was extremely unlikely to be unpopular.

As long as I'm not forced to watch it, I'm happy for it to be as successful as whatever.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not realy surprised either. Must say, reading the dailies here, very little coverage.
Don't think that will particularly worry the rights holders though!!

ret

International Debutant
considering the hype surrounding the IPL that was bound to happen .... and after series after series of monotonous international cricket this was going to create enough excitement, esp considering the galaxy of stars playing in it, along the association of film stars to mega corporates