• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia to tour Pakistan in 2009 and 2010

Craig

World Traveller
Full story here

Well at least they are going to honour their commitment in touring Pakistan after they they postponed it and split tours are not a new thing either. I think it is a good thing myself although there will be some on here will disagree (I'm not taking a pot shot either) in that they should of toured right now, but I respect that.

Either way I think it is a lot better then playing it on neutral grounds or not coming at all.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Read this on a news ticker this morning and lol'd pretty hard. I'm not convinced until they step off the plane in Pakistan. Proof will be in the pudding, and as I don't see the political situation in Pakistan changing for a long long time I'd like to know what's going to be different come 09 and 10?

Fusion

Global Moderator
I think this is great news. Although it was disappointing for the tour to get cancelled, at least CA are showing a commitment to fulfill their obligations. I think they should be commended for that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
As howardj said, I'll believe it when I see it. It'll be more than a decade since Australia last toured Pakistan. It's a disgrace, but better late than never. Still not convinced its going to happen though, we'll see.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As howardj said, I'll believe it when I see it. It'll be more than a decade since Australia last toured Pakistan. It's a disgrace, but better late than never. Still not convinced its going to happen though, we'll see.
It's wrong they haven't toured in that time, but broadly speaking, it depends what's going on there at the times they've been scheduled to tour.
Hopefully this tour can go ahead, albeit too late. Having it split in two is less than ideal as well.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's wrong they haven't toured in that time, but broadly speaking, it depends what's going on there at the times they've been scheduled to tour.
Excuses. They shouldn't have toured India in that time then, either. In any case, all this has been discussed in the other thread. I don't really see how Pakistan can keep going to Australia though.

In any case, I don't see the tour happening either. But we'll see when the time actually comes.