• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ticket prices in English cricket

Langeveldt

Soutie
*Bashes head against wall*

The stands they have demolished so far have been there for donkeys years and were falling apart, the Botham won't go for ages (it shouldn't have been built in the first place). The prices are high-ish (it's cheaper if you buy in advance) in order to pay for the redevelopment, so more cricket fans can come and watch their side. I don't know where you get this 'prawn sandwich brigade' nonsense from. If you'd been recently, you'd see that a huge range of ages and social groups go to watch, especially now that Somerset are back in the top division.
So once these stands have been built you reckon ticket prices will go back down? I strongly doubt that.. Willing to eat my words if they do

Langeveldt

Soutie
Have to disagree with you, went to a Giants match nearly 3 years ago and it was dead-set the most boring sports match I've been to. It seemed the Baseball was playing second fiddle to the adverts on the big screen at every interval, was also frustrating that the batter took an age to hit the ball and continiously left it.
Yep, thats baseball...

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I knew a baseball season was 162 games, but 8 games a season in NFL? Seriously? Apparently I've got an Anaheim (not LA!!) Angels shirt waiting for me there, so it's pretty clear I'll be doing some serious tanning :cool:

There's 8 home games a (regular) season. 16 in total.