• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Carl Hooper

Rich2001

International Captain
I just heard some intresting news that Carl Hooper has put pen to paper to play County Cricket for Lancashire for the summer.

If this does become true in the coming days it must rasie a few eyes back in the West Indies, Hooper withdrawed himself from the 1st test sqaud due to apprant personal reasons, but said his avalible for selection again in the futher games.

He stated in a interview a few weeks back that he wants to play competative cricket this summer, and surely they don't come much better than facing the Aussies :rolleyes: - Which makes it slightly suprising he would rather come to England to play in the county season.

Does anyone else get the feeling that just because he was dropped as captain of the West Indies, he has got in a moody and said he would rather go and play county cricket rather than represent his country just as a normal player?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually, what Hooper said is that he thinks it better to give a younger player a chance. I can understand where he is coming from and alot of people here in the WI wanted Samuels in the team instead of Hooper.

Rich2001

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Actually, what Hooper said is that he thinks it better to give a younger player a chance. I can understand where he is coming from and alot of people here in the WI wanted Samuels in the team instead of Hooper.
My mistake, I was going of what Jimmy Admas was saying during the tea break, that it was personal problems.

My mistake :)

Rich2001

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Don't you find it quite silly though that it has nothing to do with Hooper anyway, as the likes of Samuels can only find a place in the side if Sarwan and co are not fit enough to play as the middle order of Lara, Chanderpaul and Sarwan picks itself.

Last edited:

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I think Samuals is a great player. I remember that he had a good series in Australia a few years ago and I am disappointed not to see him playing.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Rich2001 said:
Don't you find it quite silly though that it has nothing to do with Hooper anyway, as the likes of Samuels can only find a place in the side if Sarwan and co are not fit enough to play as the middle order of Lara, Chanderpaul and Sarwan picks itself.
Keep in mind that before this series, Ganga was far from an automatic choice. Also, Hinds and Smith have not yet secured their places, especially Hinds.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Tamara said:
I think Samuals is a great player. I remember that he had a good series in Australia a few years ago and I am disappointed not to see him playing.
He seems to have a distinct lack of concentration and has played some nothing shots in his attempts to dismiss himself.

I believe that his current poor form is due to his inexplicable lack of inclusion (to put it nicely) during the WC, bar the meaningless matchup against Kenya.

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
I thought Hooper ran away again. He deserted the team before the '99 WC. Came back and did wonders. Surely he should have played against the Aussies!