• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why is Razzaq...

slowfinger

International Debutant
Yeah, Shahid was always the better person, besides, he did have a nice spell of his career.
Its very unrecognized for such stats..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I record Zimbabwe games on my PC (when I can get hold of them..) so I could probably upload eight examples of him going nuts from my own collection if I could really be bothered. It's not going to happen though - certainly not at 5am.
Go to bed son FFS, you have a busy life.

Seriously, I can't remember the last time you weren't on CW\MSN\both between 1 and 5AM. :mellow:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Go to bed son FFS, you have a busy life.

Seriously, I can't remember the last time you weren't on CW\MSN\both between 1 and 5AM. :mellow:
I wouldn't be on CW at all this week if I didn't cut out sleep to do, and CW > sleep. :p

EDIT: Oh, and regarding MSN, I'm nearly always online even if I'm not home/awake. I leave it on so people can leave me messages.

Last edited:

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
I record Zimbabwe games on my PC (when I can get hold of them..) so I could probably upload eight examples of him going nuts from my own collection if I could really be bothered. It's not going to happen though - certainly not at 5am.
We've got a live one...8-)

But seriously I dont think it would practical make a case for someone's inclusion or exclusion ina team based on fan input...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I wouldn't be on CW at all this week if I didn't cut out sleep to do, and CW > sleep. :p
I used to be of that mindset at your age too. :dry: AND I wasn't a student by that time, either.
EDIT: Oh, and regarding MSN, I'm nearly always online even if I'm not home/awake. I leave it on so people can leave me messages.
Aha, that now makes sense. Sheeysh, think of your carbon-footprint. :blink:

Beleg

International Regular
Do they really prove anything though at all that no-one knew as they are though?
Sorry?

I don't see what point you're trying to make with them. I think everyone is aware that Razzaq could play an awsome hitting role down the order in ODIs and played some superb innings; he was a very good ODI player.
I am glad you recognise that; a lot of other people don't. I posted the links so people who haven't seem a lot of him can enjoy some, and by no means all, of the highlights of his career.

[QUOTE[What stopped him from being a great player is what he did between those innings and the irregularity of them.[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily disagree. He was not a great player, however, he wasn't nearly as irregular as it might seem at first glance.

Unless you have a YouTube video which highlights a consistency with his batting none of us were aware of, you're not giving us new information.
As I mentioned earlier, that's not the purpose of the youtube videoes.

In the end, averaging under 30 and striking under 80 didn't do him justice
But that's the limitation of statistics; on the face of it these statistics aren't very impressive - they do not reflect the impact he had with his scoring. His quickfire 20/30's from 15-20 balls were often the last straw which broke the camel's back. Not to mention his ability to hit 'good' balls for fours and sixes. There's a reason why Pakistan were successful with the formula they preferred during the early 2000's/late 90's - batting first and scoring more than seventy-five of the last ten overs.

Statistics are not a reflection of how good a player is, they are a guide.

but it's what he achieved.
And he achieved a lot. Arguably more than anybody else in the Pakistani ODI team - apart from Inzamam and Akhtar during most of his career.

a highly under-rated bowler in ODIs he was...
During the first half of his career he was an excellent bowler but towards the end his bowling was nothing short of an embarrasment.

but he didn't do completely apply his batting talent
I happen to think he applied his batting talent within the limitations of his position in the team pretty well and got the desired results on a lot of occasions.

and while he will be remembered as a very fine ODI player capable of awesome feats with the bat, he was not an alltime great.
All-time greats? is Cairns an all-time great?

I am assuming you were talking about ODIs by the way, given the links you provided. Tests are a whole different story...
Aye.

FRAZ

International Captain
:laugh: :laugh: He has just lost his place cos he lost his form
haha !
yeah he did but hahaha !!! hmmm hahahaha hahahah
yes he lost his pace hahahaha ... really hahahahahaah
but why hahahahaha
ha ha ! haha ?
but seriously why he was dropped from the team so early ? haha !!!!!!!