• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kamran Akmal vs M.S Dhoni Who's Better in Tests?

Who is better in test matches?

• Total voters

gunner

U19 Cricketer
Whos better?
In ODI's Dhoni is better by far and there is no comparison but what about test matches?
The stats are there for you to decide

Kmran Akmal
Code:
        Mat     Inns  	NO  	Runs  	HS  	Ave  	BF  	SR  	100  	50  	4s  	6s  	Ct  	St
Tests 	38 	65 	4 	1944 	154 	31.86 	3195 	60.84 	5 	8 	290 	2 	123 	19
MS Dhoni
Code:
       Mat    Inns  	NO  	Runs  	HS  	Ave  	BF  	SR  	100  	50  	4s  	6s  	Ct  	St
Tests 	29 	47 	5 	1418 	148 	33.76 	2250 	63.02 	1 	9 	177 	26 	68 	14

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Both poor in Tests, but Dhoni obviously the better wicketkeeper, so he'd get my vote.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Never been a big fan of Akmal so am voting for MS. At least he gives me a bit of confidence when he walks out to bat, unlike Akmal (and his keeping is hardly any better than Dhoni's either).

ret

International Debutant
there is no way i will have Akmal keeping in my team .... As I said on the other thread, Dhoni's ability to get the big ones like his 150 odd against Pak, along with a few big ones that he has got in the ODIs makes him the winner in my book .... And most likely Dhoni is going to peak in the years to come, while Akmal's graph appears to be going down

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Never been a big fan of Akmal so am voting for MS. At least he gives me a bit of confidence when he walks out to bat, unlike Akmal (and his keeping is hardly any better than Dhoni's either).
Akmal's wicketkeeping is considerably, considerably worse than Dhoni's.

pup11

International Coach
Both are pretty poor wicket-keepers by test standards, but Akmal is really pathetic behind the sticks when compared to Dhoni's glove-work, which has improved a lot in recent times, as far as batting is concerned then there is nothing much to choose between the two as far as test matches are concerned.

slowfinger

International Debutant
UMM. yeah akmal is very poor over all but my Gad he hasn't been playing so badlyso u... akmal just by coin toss, mind you they are both poop :confused:

jeevan

International 12th Man
Both are pretty poor wicket-keepers by test standards, but Akmal is really pathetic behind the sticks when compared to Dhoni's glove-work, which has improved a lot in recent times, as far as batting is concerned then there is nothing much to choose between the two as far as test matches are concerned.
UMM. yeah akmal is very poor over all but my Gad he hasn't been playing so badlyso u... akmal just by coin toss, mind you they are both poop :confused:
Why is Dhoni a poor keeper in tests? Aside from that one test vs Pakistan where there were a ridiculous number of byes (but no missed chances IIRC) when has Dhoni's keeping been short of acceptable?

Easily Dhoni by a mile, though at the moment Akmal is a better test batsman (quite vital in the India-Pakistan series).

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni is quite under-rated, often by lobbyists of a few other players, and he's getting better with every match. Injuries have taken their toll on him, though. Akmal had a phenomenal start and had a great match against India in Lahore, then fell by the wayside a little too soon.

R_D

International Debutant
obviously people saying Dhoni's a poor keeper haven't seen him recently. He's not a great keeper but certainly not poor. His keeping has improved alot in last year.

Dhoni for me..... now all these comparioson are really starting to get ridiculous.