• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ambrose Vs Mcgrath?

Whoz the best?

• Total voters

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
There's a Curtly Ambrose playing for Lower Middlewallop thirds so best to avoid confusion.

My initial reaction to this was Ambrose, understandably as English fans have been as traumatised as our batsmen by the fearsome sight of this great bowler.

But McGrath doesn't have a blip on his record like Ambrose's against India. Nor was the latter tested on Indian wickets where McGrath has an outstanding record. McGrath also has a better strike rate.

When people talk about McGrath as boring I think they're referring to avery metronomic action that lacks some of the flair of other fast bowlers. But his mastery of seam bowling was as complete as I think is humanly possible, and was was really well demonstrated by an excellent piece of analysis on (I think) Channel 4 a few years back.

Both well above the threshold of greatness though, so we're talking fine margins.

miscer

U19 Cricketer
hard to say. i voted ambrose only because I want the poll to be even closer, but really it's even. india may swing it a little in favor of mcgrath but the overall better record against everyone else that ambrose had may swing it back in the middle. who knows really?
imo best of all time: marshall and then ambrose and mcgrath share number 2.