• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ricky Ponting is a better batsman than Don Bradman

Flem274*

123/5
Bradman avoided the might of the New Zealand test team because he was scared of getting found out by Cowie and nobodies on the green-tops. FACT!
Corrected. We were a one man bowling line up...

BUT!!!

Cowie got Bradman out for 9 when NZ were minnows so that automatically means Bradman is over-rated!!!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting would have removed his own appendix and played the next morning. In fact, he didn't really get beaten up at all outside the Bourbon and Beefsteak - he was performing a rudimentary colonoscopy on himself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bradman debuted in Brisbane 1928-29, which was the very last test before bowlers became ordinary and pitches flattened out. He scored 18 and 1.

The batting dominated era which began after Brisbane's test in that series did not end until after the Ashes series in 1948.

Therefore, based on this representative sample of two innings, Bradman could not cope with quality bowling on pitches which weren't flat.

Therefore, even though Ponting's average in the 90s wasn't as good as his average now, the discrepancy is less than Bradman's, ergo Ponting > Bradman.
Apparently, pitches in Australia were flat in the 1920s as well as the 1930s. :mellow:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Bradman debuted in Brisbane 1928-29, which was the very last test before bowlers became ordinary and pitches flattened out. He scored 18 and 1.

The batting dominated era which began after Brisbane's test in that series did not end until after the Ashes series in 1948.

Therefore, based on this representative sample of two innings, Bradman could not cope with quality bowling on pitches which weren't flat.

Therefore, even though Ponting's average in the 90s wasn't as good as his average now, the discrepancy is less than Bradman's, ergo Ponting > Bradman.
The funny thing is some members here have made arguments in that kind of mold. :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I don't mean any nastiness by it though, and unless it really offends you I'd like to continue using it the way I believe it was intended to be used.
The Rolleyes says "what a stupid comment". No more, no less.

Therefore unless someone means that, I don't really think usage of it is appropriate.

shortpitched713

International Captain
The Rolleyes says "what a stupid comment". No more, no less.

Therefore unless someone means that, I don't really think usage of it is appropriate.
Have always used it simply as a reinforcer for sarcasm, which is often difficult to detect in forums. Whatever, if you see some malice, then I won't direct any towards you.

cpr

International Coach
The NoPity (:nopity:) not good enough there then?
No pity is different from sarcasm. See the roll eyes as a sarcasm thing, especially if someones just had a blonde moment. Use it IRL to that effect, usually with a smile on my face.

No pity is for someone whos just having a whinge for no real reason after sympathy. The IRL equivalent is a kick in the testicles.