• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
When I said Oram isn’t a good 20/20 bowler I wasn’t lying.

Also, I can’t believe this Amarnath fellow can’t bat, for he sure can’t ****ing bowl.

Dissector

International Debutant
Joginder Sharma's lucky streak with last overs continues. Bowling a no-ball in that situation was atrocious but he got away with it. Nayar made a big mistake taking the single. He would have a great chance of putting away the free hit.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Chennai win and fair play to them for making it interesting, really thought Nayar was going to win it for Mumbai.

ret

International Debutant
ah what a close game, 1 hit out of the ground separated the two teams

even though, MI lost the game, I m happy with the way they played the game .... no unnecessary digging around and keep blasting till you get out .... still 12 more games to go for MI and after two close games, they are shaping up well

i have not seen the game live but it appears as if Nayar messed it up in the end by giving Nehra the strike instead of backing himself to do the job in the last few balls .... in the last game too, MI lost a few runs coz of Pinal and Nayar .... these guys need to play sensible cricket but i guess in the heat of the moment you sometimes go with the flow

good effort guys .... of my top two teams, Delhi has won both its games, while Mumbai lost its but the good thing is that both the teams are shaping up well

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
He is a good hitter. Has all the basic shots, no over reliance. Cannot recall too much more than that, tbh.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Sriram :laugh:

I can see how you form your opinion, so Tendulkar lacks talent spoting abilities and his batting style is not unique like you said on some thread .... whats next?
I can see how you form yours too......... Whatever anyone says that contradicts your view is automatically wrong..... so what's next??? :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Amazing game yesterday. Fantastic atmosphere. Sivamani's live drums were absolutely fantabulous...... He kept the crowd hot the whole night. And the competitiveness between the cheer leaders of both teams was a real highlight. I especially enjoyed the Mumbai Indians Cheer Guy running across our stand (the Mumbai Indians cheer squad had set up camp at both ends of our stand) every time they hit a 4 or 6... He kept running to and fro with the flag held up and it was great fun rigging him and then him rigging us when Bhajji and Nayyar were going.... Loved everything about the game.

The reaction Sachin gets even when he is simply shown on the screen has to be seen to be believed. The only other guy who gets such a reaction in Chennai is Rajinikanth.... Even Dhoni is struggling to match up to the ovations that just the mention of Sachin's name gets here.... Bhajji hit the nail on the head when he said that "Madras crowd always loves Sachin and it is a pity he couldn't play here tonight"... Harbhajan, Uthappa, Hussey, Gony and others were really good with the crowd too, playing to us all the time. The music was great, and so was the cricket. And once again, Chennai produces a close game, the closest in the IPL so far..... :)

Dunno what it is, tbh... Even boring games see something special here, as we saw with Sehwag's triple in the test here... This place somehow seems to always produce special performances... :)

And Gony looked a serious talent out there. I am not sure what pace he was bowling at, the screens didn't show the speeds, but to me, it looked as though he was consistently beating Uthappa, Jayasuriya and Pollock for pace... I am sure with proper guidance, he will definitely become a decent to good bowler. Unfortunately, the rest of our bowling attack sucks.. :(

Anyways, juz so happy the Super Kings prevailed again. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No need to argue with anyone who calls Tendulkar as one of the finest captains.
sssssshhhhhhhhhhh.... u r not allowed to have a view that contradicts his....

*ret to get in a reply with a dig or two at the poster's intelligence and a :laugh: smiley in 3...2..........*

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
so is it only you who is suppose to come up with hypothetical numbers .... i merely built on yours :p
No, there was absolutely no relation between my numbers and your numbers :) . Moreover, your numbers are in no way related to the stats of Symo and Hussey.

Laurrz

International Debutant
so thats 4/8 MOM awards to Aussies... stuff :)

Warne Watto Symo Gilly tonight too

i wont enjoy this game that much :( i really do like both teams... i like Deccan because that is the team i chose to support, and have brill batsmen...but you cant dislike Rajasthan as they are the underdogs

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
so thats 4/8 MOM awards to Aussies... stuff :)

Warne Watto Symo Gilly tonight too

i wont enjoy this game that much :( i really do like both teams... i like Deccan because that is the team i chose to support, and have brill batsmen...but you cant dislike Rajasthan as they are the underdogs
plus Warney's captaincy means u HAVE to like that team. :) He is juz so good and innovative at it.