• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A New Game

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
While I am being bored at my office, I'm trying to device a new game. Hope you'll like it. Rules are a bit complicated so please please please go through all the rules before posting. Otherwise the interest will be lost. I'll be posting a test team based on the performance from 16/04/1989 to 15/04/2008 (the last 20 years). Here goes the rules :-

1. You can replace just 1 player at a time by a player not from you country.
2. You can also make at max. only 1 change in the batting order (with or without involving the player selected by you)
3. A member can make any number of posts but 2 consecutive posts shouldn't be by the same member.
4. You can't select the same player or make the same change in the batting order more than once. For example, if you've selected batsman Mr.X and after a while Mr.X is not there in the team, then you can't bring back Mr.X, but some other member can.
5. Performances only in the said period counts even for players who have played before that period. (for example, Gordon Greenidge)
6. If you change the composition of the team without violating the other rules, that is OK. (that means you can replace a batsman by a bowler or a batsman by a wicketkeeper or vice versa if you feel that will make the composition stronger).
7. In case member A posts a team and member B and C both change that team then the team posted earlier between teams of B and C will be counted and the game will go on.
8. If you don't understand any of the above rules then please clarify that with me before posting your changed team.
9. Only 2 kinds of posts are welcome in this thread - one for posting a new team and the other for clarifying the rules. Please pay your respect to those who are playing. There are several other threads for cricket discussion.
10. Once posting new teams stops for 24 continuous hours, the last updated team becomes the final team chosen by all of us.
11. You can't only change the batting line-up without making a change in the team, but you can do the reverse.

The first team posted by me will be a rather weak team. This has been intentionally done so that the game goes on (I have selected those players who almost have no chance of being selected in the final team, though you never know :) ):-

R. Saleh
G. Flower
H. Bashar
M. Ashraful
D. Houghton
G. Whittall
T.Taibu
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
H. Olonga
M. Rafique

Happy Playing...

[ Note: one strategy for playing this game may be choosing some mediocre players at the start. That'll ensure 2 things- 1. the team is improved incrementally and 2. you save your trump card for the end]

Last edited:

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
You mean like this:

R. Saleh
G. Flower
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
D. Houghton
G. Whittall
T.Taibu
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
H. Olonga
M. Rafique

...for instance?

GGG

State Captain
R. Saleh
G. Flower
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
D. Houghton
G. Whittall
T.Taibu
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
DK Lillee
M. Rafique

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
You mean like this:

R. Saleh
G. Flower
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
D. Houghton
G. Whittall
T.Taibu
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
H. Olonga
M. Rafique

...for instance?
Yes exactly, you can also make a change in the batting order along with it if you wish...

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Yes exactly, you can also make a change in the batting order along with it if you wish...
I'll pass.

BTW, when you say 2 consecutive posts, did you mean 2 consecutive posts with 2 legitimate line-ups (i.e - if I added a new member now, would it be a violation)?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I'll pass.

BTW, when you say 2 consecutive posts, did you mean 2 consecutive posts with 2 legitimate line-ups (i.e - if I added a new member now, would it be a violation)?
Yes, it'll be a violation...You can't add a new member until some1 changes your team.

GGG

State Captain
You have violated rule no. 5....so DaRick's team is the latest team
opps missed that.

R. Saleh
G. Flower
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
D. Houghton
G. Whittall
T.Taibu
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
H. Olonga
G. McGrath

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
R. Saleh
G. Flower
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
D. Houghton
T.Taibu
B. Lee
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
H. Olonga
G. McGrath

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
R. Saleh
G. Flower
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
S. Chanderpaul
T.Taibu
B. Lee
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
G. McGrath
H. Olonga

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
R. Saleh
G. Flower
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
S. Chanderpaul
T.Taibu
B. Lee
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
G. McGrath
H. Olonga
R. Saleh
G. Flower
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
S. Chanderpaul
T.Taibu
B. Lee
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
C. Ambrose
G. McGrath

I changed the batting order, too.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
G. Smith
R. Saleh
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
S. Chanderpaul
T.Taibu
B. Lee
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
C. Ambrose
G. McGrath

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
G. Smith
S. Jayasuriya
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
S. Chanderpaul
T.Taibu
B. Lee
M. Mortaza
P.Strang
C. Ambrose
G. McGrath

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
G. Smith
M. Trescothick
B Lara
S. Tendulkar
S. Chanderpaul
T.Taibu
P.Strang
B. Lee
M. Mortaza
C. Ambrose

Made 1 change to the team and 1 change to the batting order.
G. McGrath

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
G. Smith
S. Jayasuriya
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
S. Chanderpaul
T.Taibu
A. Flintoff
B. Lee
P.Strang
C. Ambrose
G. McGrath

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
G. Smith
S. Jayasuriya
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
S. Chanderpaul
T.Taibu
A. Flintoff
B. Lee
P.Strang
C. Ambrose
G. McGrath
G. Smith
S. Jayasuriya
H. Bashar
S. Tendulkar
S. Chanderpaul
T. Taibu
A. Flintoff
B. Lee
C. Ambrose
Mushtaq Ahmed
G. McGrath

Just to be sporting...I also changed the batting order, BTW.

Are you only allowed to select one player per country or multiple players from one country?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
G. Smith
S. Jayasuriya
B Lara
S. Tendulkar
S. Chanderpaul
T. Taibu
A. Flintoff
B. Lee
C. Ambrose
Mushtaq Ahmed