• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden vs Sehwag (+ other tasty treats)

Who is the better batter?

• Sehwag and I care about FCA (first chance average)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Sehwag and I don't care about FCA

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Hayden and I care about FCA

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Hayden and I don't care about FCA

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Richard

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They're both guns, but Hayden is definitely better.

Sehwag probably peaked in 2004-2005 when he was the better batsman for a little while, but other than that period Hayden has been the best test batsman in the world for a while now.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Love the poll, gwo you're a mischevious bugger!

I'd go for Haydos. Definitely the more accomplished of the two, especially when taking into account his ODI record. Has belted attacks away and at home (particularly at home, though) with only one big hole in his record in England. Sehwag capable of the more explosive innings of course but Haydos has the superior all-round game.

deira

Banned
lol i personally dont like Sehwag at all, he is way overrated. His technique is not good for tests.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Matthew Hayden...he's my favourite player. Great fifth (usually third) option, BTW...I don't believe that many people would waste votes on Richard, the way they would on say, a Brad Haddin.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
They're both guns, but Hayden is definitely better.

Sehwag probably peaked in 2004-2005 when he was the better batsman for a little while, but other than that period Hayden has been the best test batsman in the world for a while now.

Better than Chanderpaul, Sangakkarra, Tendulkar,Kallis

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Hayden easily...Sehwag is technically deficient..he needs certain factors to go for him to score..I have seen Hayden fight it out in tough conditions!

Precambrian

Banned
Hayden has this bad habit of losing his wicket as soon as he passes his 100 in tests. But Sewhag once he gets a 100, ensures that it is big. That is a positive for Sehwag.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hayden has this bad habit of losing his wicket as soon as he passes his 100 in tests. But Sewhag once he gets a 100, ensures that it is big. That is a positive for Sehwag.
I agree, but in the sense that Sehwag is better at huge scores than Hayden, not that Hayden is incapable. On Hayden's side, he scores those centuries at such a rate that it hardly matters even if he were poor at it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As Richard appears to be either on holiday or dead this piece of bating seems a bit pointless.
Nah, neither TBH. It'd be pretty pointless even if I hadn't been absent at all however.
Definitely Hayden.

Richard to whine about a non-public poll in 5 .. 4 ... 3 .... 2 .....
Exceptionally annoyed, in fact, as I now can't see who those dilapidated souls who voted for me are. :@

Sehwag, I reckon, could do well against good bowling as a Test middle-order batsman. Neither would (and have) stood a chance against good bowling (yes, and catching) as Test openers though. As the question is presumably about openers, I'd have voted irrelevant whichever it was, and obviously given the identity of the actual, no hesitation required. :p