• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden vs Sehwag (+ other tasty treats)

Who is the better batter?

• Sehwag and I care about FCA (first chance average)

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Sehwag and I don't care about FCA

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Hayden and I care about FCA

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Hayden and I don't care about FCA

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Richard

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's pretty likely that Sehwag will finish his career widely considered ahead of Hayden. He's not exactly slowing down.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think it's pretty likely that Sehwag will finish his career widely considered ahead of Hayden. He's not exactly slowing down.
Yeah, I tend to agree. I'm not going to comment on how likely the following actually is, but if he keeps going with the sort of figures he's been producing recently for another couple of years and does well in South Africa, Sehwag v Ponting will be a more relevant debate. It's crazy considering I thought he was career was done as an opener when he was dropped in South Africa.. I've never been more wrong about a player.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
In general, I like my batsmen to have gears, and be able to shift through them according to the situation. It's a bit different for an opener, I guess, because the score is always 0/0 when they come in, and facing a new ball. Sehwag has just gotten better and better at what he does, to an almost ridiculous point, and forcing me to disregard some of the facets of his game which I think aren't as good as players who are equal, or even worse, than him.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
LOL at first inning "bully". Bradman was 1st and 2nd inning bully :laugh:
:laugh::laugh:

Can sympathise with you...really pathetic nowadays how players who have done anything worth mentioning against anyone anywhere are called (insert opponent name, venue name) bully.

After a few years, the word 'cricketer' will be replaced by the word 'bully' by CWers.

We'll have polls like: Who is the 3rd best bully of all-time after Bradman and Sobers?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
:laugh::laugh:

Can sympathise with you...really pathetic nowadays how players who have done anything worth mentioning against anyone anywhere are called (insert opponent name, venue name) bully.

After a few years, the word 'cricketer' will be replaced by the word 'bully' by CWers.

We'll have polls like: Who is the 3rd best bully of all-time after Bradman and Sobers?
AA.. obviously. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Maybe, never saw him bat, but if given the option maybe i would. But this thread aint about Hobbs!
Haha I was just trying to make you choose between Hayden and Sehwag by giving you a better opener and thereby force you a cut one.

Basically, I fail to see why you can't compare two players just because they're both good.