• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chanderpaul to retire?

slowfinger

International Debutant
Its bugging me for ages, 33 years old. Loses form suddenly then? Conversion rate not awesome conversion rate and a foot problem??

I don't know.:blink:

deira

Banned
are u gay or something? how is his form bad, his ODI form is amazing over the last 2 years. he is average 60, his test form is good too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If somebody was being racist to the extent that he has been homophobic, he's have been condemned by now

"Bradman isn't the best batsman ever"
"Are you black or something?"

Xuhaib

International Coach
I don't know why you guys are being so harsh on deira. He is a Pakistani who most probably have been raised in Pakistan. The Pakistani community is very conservative and not very welcoming to the gay culture due to variety of reasons with religion being the central one. It's not deira's fault, he has been socially conditioned to look down on gays and consider it as something sick and unnatural. All he has done is voiced his opinions on the issue and isn't that the main purpose of discussion boards.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know why you guys are being so harsh on deira. He is a Pakistani who most probably have been raised in Pakistan. The Pakistani community is very conservative and not very welcoming to the gay culture due to variety of reasons with religion being the central one. It's not deira's fault, he has been socially conditioned to look down on gays and consider it something sick and unnatural. All he has done is voiced his opinions on the issue and isn't that the main purpose of discussion boards.
Excuses. And not very good ones. He's been on the board for a while, he should know what's acceptable by now. Not to mention it's in the forum rules!

Xuhaib

International Coach
Excuses. And not very good ones. He's been on the board for a while, he should know what's acceptable by now. Not to mention it's in the forum rules!
People in west cannot even imagine how gays are looked at in our Pakistani society. It is considered as something totally disgusting and a sign of god's displeasure with mankind:laugh:

Just imagine if you were born and raised in a racist society where people around you keep on telling you that calling a black guy monkey is something very natural and genuinely acceptable by everyone and then suddenly one fine day you come across a few people who start calling you a racist bastard would that not catch you by surprise and would you not try to defend your stance on the issue.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That doesn't fly.

I'm sorry but if a Queenslander came on this board and started pouting racist stuff, we wouldn't give them leeway because they were raised in such a society.

:p Only playing Qlders. But the point stands. If someone from a conservative family in the south of the USA started using the term 'black' as deira does 'gay' it would be frowned upon and he'd be banned within 5 posts. Hell going by your argument, Western discrimination towards Middle Eastern people can even be excused due to the fact that they are raised and fed crap about terrorism and threats to freedom everyday on their news, in their classrooms, at family dinners etc.

Xuhaib don't make this an ethnic/religious issue when its really one of decency.

deira

Banned
actually neither i was raised in pakistan nor i am very religious. I just dont like gays hanging around near me. it can make guys like me really uncomfortable.

Last edited:

deira

Banned
People in west cannot even imagine how gays are looked at in our Pakistani society. It is considered as something totally disgusting and a sign of god's displeasure with mankind:laugh:

Just imagine if you were born and raised in a racist society where people around you keep on telling you that calling a black guy monkey is something very natural and genuinely acceptable by everyone and then suddenly one fine day you come across a few people who start calling you a racist bastard would that not catch you by surprise and would you not try to defend your stance on the issue.
lol it seems you have no respect for your own society

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I don't know why you guys are being so harsh on deira. He is a Pakistani who most probably have been raised in Pakistan. The Pakistani community is very conservative and not very welcoming to the gay culture due to variety of reasons with religion being the central one. It's not deira's fault, he has been socially conditioned to look down on gays and consider it as something sick and unnatural. All he has done is voiced his opinions on the issue and isn't that the main purpose of discussion boards.
That's ridiculous. The diminutive form of the word "pakistani" is not considered offensive here in NZ and Australia, yet if any of us were to use it in these forums our fellow posters would come down on us like a ton of bricks. I believe it's also included in the filter.

This is an international forum, with rules. He knows what they are, and should observe them or piss off.