• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketing knights

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The thing is, I've never really been a big fan of awarding knighthoods to cricketers purely because of how good they were as a player. IMO there has to be some other contribution to the sport, coaching clinics, years of commentary/press work or something like that. Failing that, even a combination of cricketing genius and charity work would be a worthy thing.
Lara does have a game named after him I mean come on........:ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Murali (if SL do have knighthoods) certainly fits that requirement, he did fantastic work after the tsunami.

That completely changed my opinion of the man.
I'm interested that it changed your opinion of him - I wasn't at all surprised myself - but frankly it'd be criminal should Murali not get one soon, if Sri Lanka do knighthoods.