• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

whos your favorite batsmen of all time?

deira

Banned
if you had to choose just one batsmen as your favorite who would you?

Mine is Saeed Anwar, this guy is the reason i started loving cricket, the way he use to smack indian bowling was great :laugh:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Michael Bevan...when he was doing it against teams other than NZ.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
In Tests it's probably between Viv and Gilly. Not that I don't appreciate classical techniques or back to the wall innings, but it's something else when these two were so on song that no matter what you put in front of them they hammered.

In ODI it is Bevan by a distance. I just love this guy. He is a hero to me in that form of the game. The number of times he batted with the tail and got Australia through a ****-storm beggars belief. I am not sure if others would agree, but if you were Australian and you could sense the tension in those times where Bevan bailed us out, then you'd surely agree.

archie mac

International Coach
Of the ones I have watched, Mark Waugh, of the ones that I never watched but would like too, that would be Trumper

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lara and Sachin are the two batsman I would do as much as possible to go watch bat, so I'd say they're my favourites. They just have that something about them, and yet are so conflicting in styles, its amazing.

From who I think would have been my favourite if I had the opportunity to watch, I'd say Viv and Sobers.

bagapath

International Captain
i'll go for viv richards.

from what i've read i would have liked denis compton and victor trumper among those i have not seen.

in ODIs i like watching sachin. i feel the Don would have been the greatest one day batter of all with his judgement of the field, running between the wickets and all-round stroke production.