• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

whos your favorite batsmen of all time?

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
inzi possibly my all time favourite. so loose limbed and calm at the crease.

at the moment i'd have to say michael vaughan, the most elegant batsman in the world when in full flow for my money.

JBH001

International Regular
Favourite batsman of those I have seen? Nominating just one name? In Tests?

Aravinda de Silva.

(Speaking of which Richard has been gone awhile...)

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I havent had the good fortune of seeing Viv Richards, Gary Sobers, Don Bradman, Sunil Gavaskar play cricket. So my most favourite batsman ever since I started watching cricket is Inzamam ul Haq! I dont rate him as the best batsman, but he is my most favorite batsman for sure, and I wish he had done justice to his talent!!

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Mine is Saeed Anwar, this guy is the reason i started loving cricket, the way he use to smack indian bowling was great :laugh:
Mine is Sehwag, this guy is the reason i started loving cricket, the way he still smacks Pakistani bowling is great :laugh:

Flem274*

123/5
Stephen Fleming.

Fulton, Sangakara, Cairns, McCullum in ODIs, Hussey (M), Chanderpaul, Jamie How, Jacques Kallis and Sachin are other favourites.

Ashraful is good at getting me on the edge of my seat as well, usualy shouting at his cheeky paddle/flick shot coming off again.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Its a tough question. What is favorite? Is it the batman I aspire to be like? the batsman I liked the most as a kid? the batsman I like listening and reading about? the batsman I like to watch the most? Batsman grew up most respecting? etc

Ill try and break it down

- Batsman aspire to be like? Noone especially. I look to dominate and believe every ball can be scored off but not crazy like Afridi and look to play the right shot to the right ball. Maybe a bad right handed version of G. Pollock

- Batsman liked as a kid? Martin Moxon

- Batsman enjoy reading about? Bradman (Bodyline and beyond)

- Batsman enjoy watching the most? Bevan, Viv Richards, Srikkanth, Alec Stewart, a lot actually

- Batsman grew up most respecting? Boycott

cpr

International Coach
Would've liked to have seen more of Peter Willey play considering that stance he had (go on, throw in a :naughty for that, i dare ya).

Always found watching Ramprakash when he was playing well a sight to behold, looked every inch the perfect cricketer (usually for all of 2 overs)

For entertainment value, Murali's 'If it moves, i swing' approach when he's played OD for Lancs is interesting :)

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Would've liked to have seen more of Peter Willey play considering that stance he had (go on, throw in a :naughty for that, i dare ya)
Holding called him the hardest and toughest batsman to bowl at. Shows what a lot of guts and determination can do as he was no more than a lower order batsman in terms of talent