• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If a cricketer's career was a tune...

cpr

International Coach
Hmm, probably posting some thats already done, but here we go

Shoaib Akhtar's Test future - Permanent Vacation (Aerosmith)
Mike Atherton (v the Saffies) - Stand & Deliver (Adam & The Ants)
Geoff Boycott - Charmless Man (Blur)
Hanse Cronje - Helicopter (Bloc Party) :ph34r:
George, Ron & Dean Headley - Generations (Inspiral Carpets)
Ed Joyce - Irish Blood, English Heart (Morrissey)
Chris Martin's Batting - Hello, Goodbye (The Beatles)
Ricky Ponting (well, his reputation for having a moan) - Mardy Bum (Arctic Monkeys)
Matthew Prior behind the wickets - Hard To Handle (various, though i'll go with the Black Crows version)
Mark Ramprakash (Dont You) Forget About Me (Simple Minds)
Shane Warne - I Get Around (Beach Boys) - Is there any end to the infidelity jokes?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's several good Shane Warnes, a brilliant Chris Martin (the Maroon5 one) but am still waiting for someone to find a suitable Coldplay track, a superb Gary Pratt (Martyn could've gone for The Who or Clout, of course), a fantastic Hasan Raza :laugh:, a terrific Imran, and best of all the Geoff Boycott from Davis. :laugh::lol:

Carly Simon (both Baby You're The Best and You're So Vain) mentions are inevitably :yawn:some however. Some of the Warnes have been pretty tiresome and predictable too.

bond21

Banned
Beat it (MJ) - Stuart MacGill

Walk This Way (Aerosmith) - Gate attendant to C Martin

The Pretender (Foo Fighters) - Chris Rogers

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Owais Shah, David Hussey, Brad Hodge, Simon Katich - Still Waiting - Prince

Chanderpaul - "Heroes" - David Bowie

Flintoff and S. Jones - I'll Never Give It Up - Richard Thompson

Warne - Mr. Stupid - Richard Thompson

Warne - Brain Damage - Pink Floyd

Bopara, Panesar, R. Sharma, I Sharma, Chawla, Duminy - Getting Better - The Beatles

Flintoff, Ryder and various others who have had trouble with the drink - Down Where the Drunkards Roll - Richard and Linda Thompson

Harmison - Helpless - Neil Young

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Was JJ Cale TBH, though Eric's cover is probably better-known.
Interesting...the same JJ Cale who produced the Stooges' debut album?

Anyway:

Garfield Sobers - Changes by David Bowie
Harbhajan Singh - Somebody Up There Likes Me by David Bowie (for his continued selection despite a 50+ average since 2006)
Shane Warne - Photograph by Def Leppard
Darren Lehmann - Wasted Years by Iron Maiden
Anil Kumble - Reelin' In the Years by Steely Dan

...BTW, Soundgarden's 'Outshined' could apply to any has-been, underperforming or recently dropped cricketer.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Owais Shah, David Hussey, Brad Hodge, Simon Katich - Still Waiting - Prince

Chanderpaul - "Heroes" - David Bowie

Flintoff and S. Jones - I'll Never Give It Up - Richard Thompson

Warne - Mr. Stupid - Richard Thompson

Warne - Brain Damage - Pink Floyd

Bopara, Panesar, R. Sharma, I Sharma, Chawla, Duminy - Getting Better - The Beatles

Flintoff, Ryder and various others who have had trouble with the drink - Down Where the Drunkards Roll - Richard and Linda Thompson

Harmison - Helpless - Neil Young
Interesting, wouldn't have put you down as a Richard Thompson fan.
Interesting...the same JJ Cale who produced the Stooges' debut album?
The very same, UIMM.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WoW, so it is. Had never looked closely before ITBT. :)

I only own one Richard Thompson album, incidentally, and have never seen that particular one before.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, I know about his skill with a guitar, beyond doubt. :)

Have long been meaning to dig-out more of his stuff, incidentally - I've always been the lazy type where procuring of music is concerned.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah, it doesn't piss me off any more - it's so predictable I mostly just look upon it as "ah, that crap again", make some one-line comment about it, and move on to the next more worthy post.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Adam Parore
Dean Martin - That's Amore

Jesse Ryder
Black Eyed Peas - My Humps
Foo Fighters - My Poor Brain

Brendon McCullum
Muse - Take a Bow

Adam Gilchrist
Run DMC/Aerosmith - Walk This Way

Stephen Fleming
Weezer - Hash Pipe

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, good Ryders, much as I hate pretty much every song recorded by the Black Eyed Peas.