• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If a cricketer's career was a tune...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I guess
Housemartins - Happy Hour
would go well for
Jesse Ryder

Someone like Graham Gooch or Jack Hobbs, who just kept going, would go well with Won't Let The Sun Go Down On Me by Nik Kershaw.

Either David Gower or John Morris in 1990/91 might have done well to take Joan Armatrading's advice to Drop The Pilot.

I forget which high-profile game it was where the floodlights suddenly lost power (has happened quite a few times in lower-profile games but I'm sure it also happened in a ODI sometime) but Black Night by Deep Purple would always come to mind there.

BTW, one of the best non-cricket songs for the game of cricket in general is Summer In The City by Lovin' Spoonful.