• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the worst international cricketer...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
...who you reckon is better than you?

I was inspired by the Chris Martin thread. Who is the worst player in either discipline who would go better than you in most games of cricket? Any person who has played international cricket is acceptable.

I reckon Jerome Taylor is a much better batsman than I am, all things considered, and Ian Salisbury would put me to shame with the ball.

Batting: Jerome Taylor
Bowling: Ian Salisbury

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Chris Martin is better than me at batting, Monty Panesar better than me at fielding, and Rahul Dravid is better than me at bowling.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I would quite happily say that I am a probably a better bowler than a few test batsman, who simply only turn their arm over in the nets and that is it. I have no doubt though, that every single Test batsman, including Chris Martin would be better at batting than me.

I reckon also, that I would probably be a better fielder than a fair few test players, should I have had the same level of training as them. As it is now, they would all be better than me.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I would quite happily say that I am a probably a better bowler than a few test batsman, who simply only turn their arm over in the nets and that is it. I have no doubt though, that every single Test batsman, including Chris Martin would be better at batting than me.

I reckon also, that I would probably be a better fielder than a fair few test players, should I have had the same level of training as them. As it is now, they would all be better than me.
I very much doubt that you are a better bowler than any test batsmen.. Are you 16? Simply put they could probably turn their arm over a whole lot quicker, although you will undoubtebly develop into a better bowler.. I'd hesitate myself in saying that I'm a better bowler than Herschelle Gibbs, although I heard Jonty Rhodes was truly shameful with the ball

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I very much doubt that you are a better bowler than any test batsmen.. Are you 16? Simply put they could probably turn their arm over a whole lot quicker, although you will undoubtebly develop into a better bowler.. I'd hesitate myself in saying that I'm a better bowler than Herschelle Gibbs, although I heard Jonty Rhodes was truly shameful with the ball
Well, I'll rephrase that. I could bowl balls that would get players out, players that usually wouldn't get out to international bowlers (batsmen, who can't really bowl for ****), but that might not make me a better bowler than them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, I'll rephrase that. I could bowl balls that would get players out, players that usually wouldn't get out to international bowlers (batsmen, who can't really bowl for ****), but that might not make me a better bowler than them.
Well, Tendulkar was a Test cricketer at 16, so you might be a better bowler than he was then.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Possibly could have been, although I doubt it, since I'm only 15 atm, not 16 till November. I guess if Tendulkar had only been a mediocre club batsman, he would be a poor bowler. Technically, Sachin is a pretty mediocre bowler anyway, he seems to bowl more crap deliveries than any other international regular/semi-regular bowler I have seen.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I think you'd find that a lot of decent Test batsmen who never bowl at all these days were once very good bowlers themselves. Off the top of my head, the likes of Mohammad Kaif and Inzamam were first choice bowlers at U19 level for their countries. I also remember Ian Ward saying on Sky that he used to open the Surrey batting and bowling as a junior with Ashley Giles (both bowling pace), and Ward barely ever bowled at First Class level. It's just a matter of exceptional sporting talent, even when it's not apparent.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Chris Martin consistently gets bat on 90mph bowling once or twice per innings.

If I even saw a 90mph ball before it knocked my stumps/teeth out, you'd never hear the last of it.

Can probably outbowl Strauss, though.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
Well, Tendulkar was a Test cricketer at 16, so you might be a better bowler than he was then.
Sachin was a better bowler at 16 than he is now. You should have seen him at 16...........he used to bowl regularly for his school and state sides.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Grant Ellliott is the worst international cricketer, due to being mediocre in not just one, but two disciplines.

Iain O'Drien a close second.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Grant Ellliott is the worst international cricketer, due to being mediocre in not just one, but two disciplines.

Iain O'Drien a close second.
We should give the Ben Hollioake Memorial Award to the player that is the most ordinary in 2 disciplines for that year.

So for 2008 the recipient is Grant Elliott

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Chris Martin consistently gets bat on 90mph bowling once or twice per innings.

If I even saw a 90mph ball before it knocked my stumps/teeth out, you'd never hear the last of it.

Can probably outbowl Strauss, though.
Strauss took an 8-fer for me on BLC tbh

Days of Grace

International Captain
We should give the Ben Hollioake Memorial Award to the player that is the most ordinary in 2 disciplines for that year.

We are only in April.

I fully expect England to wheel out another candidate in the ODI team before the end of the year.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain

2007 probably would've been Michael Yardy.

Last edited: