• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Vivian Richards 189*

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Hang on, there were only 3 supertests in that first summer that involved WI, i thought??

EDIT, now I know where my mistake was, Viv only scored one ton for the WI in the supertests, the other 3 he got playing for the World XI, mystery over!
Ha ha, I was about to re-post suggesting that maybe that's where the problem was but you'd beaten me to it! :)

smash84

The Tiger King
Not sure which stats you're looking at there.

Viv hit four tons in WSC Supertests and averages 55.69. All four tons came in the first summer when he really was dominant - his six matches yielded 862 runs at 86.2.

That being said, Chappell was even better over the full WSC experience - five tons and an average of 58.
Is the average 55.6 or 86.2??? I am confused.......

smash84

The Tiger King
Maybe we should include Abdur Razzaq's century last night as one of the great ODI knocks too :).......incredible stuff really

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ha ha, I was about to re-post suggesting that maybe that's where the problem was but you'd beaten me to it! :)
IIRC, when Australia were playing the World XI, the latter side included WI players.

There was that wonderful moment when Barry and Viv Richards were batting together in full flight and Tony Cozier said " For the benefit of viewers at home, Barry Richards is the one in the helmet..."

Because I guess they looked so much alike...

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Welcome back, Sean. :)

Missed you on CC. How did your tour go?
Thanks mate. :) The trip's still going actually, I just missed CW too much and had to check in again (and to post a few pics in the travel thread!).

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
2 hour highlights of the 1975 World Cup Final was on TV here, today. Couldn't take my eyes off. Lillee's action was so smexxi and Lloyd's Innings was epic. Electric batting really.

The two standout moments for me though were:-

1. Fredericks kicking his wicket while blasting a Lillee short ball for six. The shot was incredible really. Even with the best of hook-ers/pullers like Ponting/Viv, there appears to be some kind of systematic body movement behind their shots. Fredericks appeared to be standing still right until the fraction of a second the ball reached him and then suddenly in one fluid movement hit it with incredible speed and force. The next second the ball was over the boundary ropes.

2.Viv running out Ian and Greg Chappell.