• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour of Lords

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Um, I don't think there were any Dutch people on ours (although I can't be sure).

The reason I've been on so many is I'm a member at the Club, so whenever I bring a guest to a game I usually get them to go on a tour (and as tours are free for members I tag along too).

This was actually the first tour I've been on, when there hasn't been a game on; what's interesting is that pretty much all of the 7 tours have been different, in terms of where they go, and the style of the tour guide too.

I know what you mean about it being a bit pricey, but I think they try to run it on a self-funding basis, and from memory, I think, last year's accounts indicated they didn't really make much (if any) profit on the tours. If you bear in mind it's normally £3 to just go into the museum (and the tour ticket entitles you to free entry of the museum) I guess it makes it seem, marginally, a bit better value.
Yeah, it was good value, and the tour guide was pretty good. I guess it's just cause £62 seems like a lot of money because there were four people.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I went on the tour of Lords at the weekend, it was really great, and I just wanted to recommend it to anyone who hadn't gone. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it.
Pricey? It was only like 12 pounds or so when I went. Considering how expensive London is, that's like the biggest bargain ever.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Looked into doing it when I was down in London a couple of months ago, but there was a Middlesex game on at the time, and I want to do the proper tour, dressing rooms and everything.

However, I don't think pricey is the right word, less than £20 for a tour of one of London's iconic sporting arenas is pretty good value IMO.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Pricey? It was only like 12 pounds or so when I went. Considering how expensive London is, that's like the biggest bargain ever.
I don't think London's expensive at all! Loads of museum's are free, I go quite often and don't usually spend much on going into things. Often all you need to spend is your train ticket and food/drink.

Though, as I said, I'm not saying it wasn't good value.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don't think London's expensive at all! Loads of museum's are free, I go quite often and don't usually spend much on going into things. Often all you need to spend is your train ticket and food/drink.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's plenty of cheap stuff in London but the most in-demand of it is pretty pricey. Christ, even the Jack The Ripper tour from Tower Hill where a Beefeater does nothing more than take you to places you could walk to yourself costs 7 quid. Found eating at pubs quite cheap, plenty of 2-for-1's out there.

Lords tour was good, all the non-cricket stuff made it worthwhile I reckon. Even Mum liked it and she hates cricket.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
The free stuff on offer in London is pretty awesome. Particularly if museums and galleries are your thing. The British Museum, the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum, the National Gallery, the National Portrait Gallery, Tate Britain, Tate Modern. And loads of others. These are some of the very best of their kind in the world, and they're all free.

The problem is that getting to London and staying there is so viciously expensive.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
The free stuff on offer in London is pretty awesome. Particularly if museums and galleries are your thing. The British Museum, the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum, the National Gallery, the National Portrait Gallery, Tate Britain, Tate Modern. And loads of others. These are some of the very best of their kind in the world, and they're all free.

The problem is that getting to London and staying there is so viciously expensive.
Yeah, I love all those things. And I'm lucky that I'm half an hour and £10 away.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
London is amazing and if you know what you are doing it doesn't need to be expensive at all. You'd be much better off trying to find someone you know to take you around (who doesn't know someone who lives in London) rather than pay some tour guide to do basically the same thing.

You can get cheap food that actually tastes nice in loads of places as well, again, it's just a case of knowing what you're doing and looking in the right places.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
There's plenty of cheap stuff in London but the most in-demand of it is pretty pricey. Christ, even the Jack The Ripper tour from Tower Hill where a Beefeater does nothing more than take you to places you could walk to yourself costs 7 quid. Found eating at pubs quite cheap, plenty of 2-for-1's out there.

Lords tour was good, all the non-cricket stuff made it worthwhile I reckon. Even Mum liked it and she hates cricket.
Yeah, went with my ex a year ago and she well enjoyed it. I got her to go as part of a deal which saw me go to Wicked the musical the night before, tbh I quite enjoyed that as well, one of the actresses was hot and wearing a short skirt

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, went with my ex a year ago and she well enjoyed it. I got her to go as part of a deal which saw me go to Wicked the musical the night before, tbh I quite enjoyed that as well, one of the actresses was hot and wearing a short skirt
You'll make Smitteh arc up with talk like that. You know how jealous he gets.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Everything I did cost a forture.

Err..just to clarify this doesn't mean prostitutes or summat.
Prostitutes need money too, what do you have against them?