• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Thomas Odoyo v.Ryan ten Doeschate

Thomas Odoyo v. Ryan ten Doeschate

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Not to be left out in this outbreak of relatively mind boggling player comparison polls and in light of giving the Associate supporters something to debate I hereby Launch the Thoas Odoyo v. Ryan ten Doeschate poll

Thomas Odoyo- 102 ODI wickets @ 31.15 and 1896 runs @ 25.6 from 100 ODIs exactly, allied to just over 1000 FC runs and 64 wickets from 28 games says he is the most complete player to wield the willow outside the Test World.

Ryan ten Doeschate
- Averages 55 in both ODIs and FC cricket. One of the most prolific batsmen the Intercontinental Cup has ever seen with over 1000 runs from just 7 matches. Has played top level cricket in bothe SA and England and really the backbone of the Dutch batting order on top of averaging just 21 with his off spin for his30 wickets in 17 ODIs.

The question is therefore who is the better cricketer...

Last edited:

deira

Banned
Thomas Odoyo by far, he is the second best kenyan after Tikolo. Odoyo could have done a lot if he played for some other international team

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
A bit of an unfair comparison as they are in very different stages of their careers, however I think RTD has a lot of potential and is yet to show his best. Im not sure on the eligibility requirements, but I wouldnt have a problem with him playing for England in odis at some point. His record in one days with essex is very good, just as good as some of the hitters like luke wright whove mysteriously gotten into the side of late.
As a straight comparison now though I think the simple answer is RTD>Odoyo at batting and vice versa bowling

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
A bit of an unfair comparison as they are in very different stages of their careers, however I think RTD has a lot of potential and is yet to show his best. Im not sure on the eligibility requirements, but I wouldnt have a problem with him playing for England in odis at some point. His record in one days with essex is very good, just as good as some of the hitters like luke wright whove mysteriously gotten into the side of late.
As a straight comparison now though I think the simple answer is RTD>Odoyo at batting and vice versa bowling
I do not think the Dutch would like that:laugh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No fair basis for comparison. For one, it's a batting allrounder against a bowling allrounder.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeh difficult to compare the two given they have different roles to play for their sides. In terms of usefulness to their side, I'd have to go with Odoyo (100 ODI wickets for a side that, apart from WC 03' has struggled continually). If the Dutch get more international cricket, and RtD manages to turn his associates record into some sort of international one (which, I admit is impressive at the moment BUT how many matches has he played against test playing nations), I'd be tempted to change my mind.

And if we were talking ICC 3, RtD without a doubt. :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Love Odoyo TBH but as already said by Camps, not a fair comparison - a batsman who bowls (horribly) against a bowler who bats.

RTD is not an all-rounder, I'm afraid.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I would not call RTD's bowling horrible, he is not the most accurate, but he is a good wicket taking bowler in 50 over games.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
His bowling is what I call horrible. :p Nothing I dislike more than bowlers who get belted in both game-forms and get gifted absurdly good strike-rates in the one-day game.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Love Odoyo TBH but as already said by Camps, not a fair comparison - a batsman who bowls (horribly) against a bowler who bats.

RTD is not an all-rounder, I'm afraid.

Such was my task in taking on such a poll. A more favourable comparison would probably have been Steve Tikolo, as he is also a Batting all rounder essentially, but that would have been even less fair on RTD considering Tikolo's got 4 World Cups and summat like 50 FC games of experience in his favour..or would it...DOH! I may have missed a trick there

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
RtD against the Irish bloke who scored 70-odd against Pakistan in the World Cup might've been better as well (though then again I don't think he bowls).