• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you pick to bat for your life?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Scenario 1: Javid Maindad and Inzi

Scenario 2: Lara and Sachin.

some people may choose Kallis and Dravid.. on that case the question is can they make double centuris in two days.. i highly doubt that.
Almost picked Kallis myself for scenario 2 but the guy has yet to hit a double ton...:laugh:

Hmm Scenario 3.... no changes from my first scenario but fro scenario Sangakarra for Tendulkar as he is listed in my signature and MoYo

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Surprised no one has plumbed for AB in scenario 1 or 2 yet.

1. Allan Border, Herbert Sutcliffe (if has 2B Aus) AB, Steve Waugh
2. Allan Border, Sunny Gavaskar (if has 2B Aus) AB, Steve Waugh
3. Boycott, Sutcliffe (not to get out); Sutcliffe, Gavaskar or Tendulkar (to double up)

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
1. Hanif Mohammed & Boycott
2. Stan McCabe & Viv

3. (a) Hanif Mohammed & Boycott (b) Viv & Sobers. Though I'm tempted to go with Beffy for some reason instead of Sobers...

shortpitched713

International Captain
A ridiculous scenario, and one in which no partnership could be expected to have a chance to succeed. I'd choose Lara and Gilchrist for both scenarios. At least it would be an entertaining last few minutes of my life.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Scenario One:

Jack Hobbs
Hanif Mohammed

Scenario Two:

Viv Richards
Sachin Tendulkar

Very, very tempted to put Miandad in there for Tendu, but in the end I couldn't leave out the genius of Tendulkar.

Scenario Three:

In scenario one, substitute Gavaskar for Hanif. Everyone else stays the same as they're not from my own country.

JBH001

International Regular
You have a lot of Hobbs love, dont you SS? :D

A second go at scenario 1 would mean I pick, Hutton and Boycott (I almost picked Hutton over Barrington first time around).

For scenario two, I choose G Chappell and G Sobers. Would be awesome watching them together, too.

deeps

International 12th Man
  1. Scenario 1: Their job is to not get out for two days. Runs are unimportant, they just cannot get out.
  2. Scenario 2: Their job is to score a double century each in those two days. They may get out after scoring a double.
  3. Scenario 3: Pick the same two above scenarios but the players can't be from the country you support (and can't be Bradman).

I'm only going by players i've seen.

Scenario 1: Rahul Dravid and Steve Waugh
Scenario 2: Rahul Dravid and Steve Waugh
Scenario 3a) Rahul Dravid and Jacques Kallis
Scenario 3b) Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
Gavaskar and Boycott for Scenario 1 (even if Bradman was eligible, I'd pick these two).
Sachin and Lara for Scenario 2.

From a weakened field:
Boycott and Chanderpaul.
Lara and Richards.