• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Off-Season Thread 2008

sideshowtim

Banned
This doesn't come as a shock to me it all. It was no secret that Rogers was livid at the limited chances he was getting in the WA one day sides and rumours have been rife that he was leaving for some time now.

It's best for Australian cricket if he moves elsewhere as it gives young Liam Davis more chances in the WA team and will hopefully strengthen the team he goes to (for the sake of Aussie cricket I hope it's the SACAs).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
For all reports he is pretty much signed sealed and deliveried to Victoria. He wants to win a trophy as much as push for OD spot. I could be wrong but I don't think he has won a Pura Cup with WA and it wouldn't surprised me if he didn't play in the winning ING Cup sides for WA. But the interesting thing is that I don't think he would be a shoe in for OD spot for the Vics. Their top order wasn't that bad in ODs. Jewell, Blizzard and Quiney all have decent List A records.

On a side note Klinger looks like he going to South Australia.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Might rename this as the official off season thread.

Anyways, Jewell doesn't play OD games. He'd basically be trying to get ahead of either Blizzard or Quiney.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Might rename this as the official off season thread.

Anyways, Jewell doesn't play OD games. He'd basically be trying to get ahead of either Blizzard or Quiney.
Thought for some reason Jewell and Blizzard records were better. Looks like he pushing for Blizzard spot and he should be even money atleast. Doubt he would get in ahead of Quiney, but he would just be looking to partner him in ODs.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Blizzard is still in favour, most see him as being able to find his feet eventually. Just needs to learn how to rotate the strike a bit better - often ends up being pretty boundary reliant.

Jewell hasn't been near the OD team for quite a while. There has been talk of Blizzard going to SA, although those murmurs have died down recently. Potentially, if Rogers did come that might force Blizzard's hand for a regular game, especially seeing Elliott has finished up.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Could end up being as many as three Victorian pacemen who have played their last game of state cricket this year.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Harwood, Denton and Wise?
Haha, well, you've brought up three good names.

Harwood supposedly will retire if he can get some coin out of the ICL. Denton's weighing up his options, probably a bit frustrated with his body. The third one was Mick Lewis. :p

But supposedly Wise and Queensland may be speaking.

sideshowtim

Banned
Moey update:

Scored 141* and took 5/70 for St George in the Grade semi

Scored 113 and took 3/100 in a MOTM performance for St George in the Grade final

Legendary.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Haha, well, you've brought up three good names.

Harwood supposedly will retire if he can get some coin out of the ICL. Denton's weighing up his options, probably a bit frustrated with his body. The third one was Mick Lewis. :p

But supposedly Wise and Queensland may be speaking.
Hopefully Wisey reconsiders, if Harwood and Denton retire he'll see plenty of opportunities.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
All of a sudden WA looks very shaky at the top of the order with Rogers and Langer gone. I'd imagine Davis will take one spot, but here's hoping they don't whack Marsh up top in the long game. Maybe North?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Reporting in The Age that Rogers has been told that he'll miss out on a CA contract, thus the state that recruits him will have to pay him. Could well throw another curveball into where he ends up.

howardj

International Coach
CA Contract List

Out: Gillespie, Hogg, Gilchrist, Rogers, Bailey and Cullen

In: Katich, Casson, Hussey, Marsh, Noffke and Bollinger

Surprise retentions: Hodge and Voges

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reporting in The Age that Rogers has been told that he'll miss out on a CA contract, thus the state that recruits him will have to pay him. Could well throw another curveball into where he ends up.
Harsh that he missed out. He's so going to SACA at this rate as they're the only ones cashed up enough to pay him!

Josh

International Regular
Last I heard Harwood has a rather healthy secured spot in the Melton Sub-district A Grade team, and Mick Lewis is returning to synthetic decks in the Jika league.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Supposedly Lewis will be going to play at Caulfield, where Shaun Graf (who is Cricket Operations Manager at Cricket Victoria) is the head honcho these days.