• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

amazing

ret

International Debutant

9 guys in the slips!!!!

which is this game? .... who is bowling against whom?

sideshowtim

Banned
I would debate the possibility of the 9 slips thing and would argue that there are a couple or a few gullies :p

I'm not sure who that one is against but I know Austrlaia have done it against Zimbabwe in an ODI

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the top picture was taken on an Australian tour of NZ in the 70s. The bowler is DK, and I think Greg Chappell let him do it for a cover shot for a book they were putting out, or something like that.

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
It is an amazing thing. The opposition Zim captain fumed though. Well, Steve Waugh had confidence in his bowling, hence he had 9 players in slips. What is the big deal there!?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
It is an amazing thing. The opposition Zim captain fumed though. Well, Steve Waugh had confidence in his bowling, hence he had 9 players in slips. What is the big deal there!?
Who in the world is gonna nick one to 9th slip FFS:ph34r:

ret

International Debutant
I would debate the possibility of the 9 slips thing and would argue that there are a couple or a few gullies :p

I'm not sure who that one is against but I know Austrlaia have done it against Zimbabwe in an ODI

just wondering, how long did the OZ keep that field for

many batsman would not mind such a field .... the bowler's line becomes predictable and it's always feels nice to hit one on the leg-side [by shuffling across] and make those guys from the slips run to the other end .... and from that pic, one can tell that the batsman is hitting one down the ground

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
just wondering, how long did the OZ keep that field for
Mutendera only scored 10, but he lasted 23 balls. However, Fleming (who was bowling and had bowled magnificently) only bowled 3 balls at him as his allocation (he took 10-15-3) was almost up.

I don't imagine Waugh set that field to any bowler other than Fleming.
many batsman would not mind such a field .... the bowler's line becomes predictable and it's always feels nice to hit one on the leg-side [by shuffling across] and make those guys from the slips run to the other end .... and from that pic, one can tell that the batsman is hitting one down the ground
This is a number-eleven batsman, he was hopeless. That drive was a play-and-miss too BTW.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Noticeable that the slippers seem serious enough with their hands held in a variety of anticipatory stances, that this could not be considered a photo stunt.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I very much doubt that, if it can happen in the Fleming-Mutendera case, it can happen again to some other.