• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India's Test Opener

Sehwag's partner - who should it be?

• Total voters

ret

International Debutant
this is what I had written on my blog after the Ind-Pak series

The Ind-Pak test series was lackluster, in my opinion, may be it is due to injuries to players of both sides and flat pitches. I don't know if it is a boon or a curse with players like Jaffar and Akmal getting 100s. Jaffar's 100 means he will stay on until a few more failures, while Akmal's 100 means that he will be there to drop more catches unless Pak plays him as a batsman.
The selectors were pretty dumb to have Jaffar on the plane to Australia, then pick him for the SA series .... there are no proactive qualities in our selectors, who are reactive. they wait for things to get from bad to worse to make a decision when there is no need to take a decision but to do the obvious. whats the point in bolting the stables after the horses have gone duh

I find the point on technique in Chopra vs Gambhir funny because some of those who want Chopra in for Gambhir for his technique root/rooted for Jaffar, who is not that good technically!!

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Rooting for Jaffer does not mean that you are suddenly inept at cricketing observations about technique. I was one who called questioned Jaffer's ability at the top of the order during the England series (I linked to the article earlier in this thread) - but that does not mean that I am more intelligent that the next person, just that from the options which I paid priority to, in this particular situation, I came to the right decision.

ret

International Debutant
Rooting for Jaffer does not mean that you are suddenly inept at cricketing observations about technique. I was one who called questioned Jaffer's ability at the top of the order during the England series (I linked to the article earlier in this thread) - but that does not mean that I am more intelligent that the next person, just that from the options which I paid priority to, in this particular situation, I came to the right decision.
Dude, did you understand whats being implied before posting .... What I m saying is that if technique was not an issue for having Jaffar in then why it should be for Gambhir

At least first understand whats written before trying to lecture others

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not lecturing you, just saying that technique is such a complex issue that people who were wrong about Jaffer may be correct about Chopra.