• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you rather play in the 1st Test against the Windies?

Who should start in the First Test?

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First read this title and thought "well, I'd rather play the current WI side than the one they had in 1984", then realised it was about our spinners.

MacGill - proven record at test level, and deserves a chance to see if his recent surgery has gone some way to restoring his otherwise apparently fading powers.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First read this title and thought "well, I'd rather play the current WI side than the one they had in 1984", then realised it was about our spinners.

MacGill - proven record at test level, and deserves a chance to see if his recent surgery has gone some way to restoring his otherwise apparently fading powers.
Yep, with you there. MacGill for mine. Casson doesn't have super form behind him (as someone pointed out, he didn't get as many overs as you'd expect from a front-line spinner) and MacGill is all-class when he gets it right. Development tour for Casson.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Casson selection is pretty similar to Hauritz & White's selection for the IND 2004 tour in that he's an unknown & inexperienced quantity preferred to the more experienced candidate.
I can see the similarities...the difference is, though, that Hauritz and White weren't even close to the second-best spinner in Australia at the time, whereas Casson doesn't lose nearly as much ground with McGain (who is still better, mind).