• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

some thing confusing?

deira

Banned
i still dont get this, why is that so many right handed players bat left handed? like Ganguly, Lara, Chanderpaul etc...

masterblaster

International Captain
Here's something more to confuse you. Sachin Tendulkar is naturally left handed! He only bats and bowls right handed.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
i still dont get this, why is that so many right handed players bat left handed? like Ganguly, Lara, Chanderpaul etc...
I think it has more to do with your stronger bottom hand (in the case of the right-handers) leading you to play across the line more or play more cross-batted shots more often than you should. Note that Michael Clarke, a batsman with a decent technique (especially against spin), bats right-handed and bowls left-handed. Also note that Symonds, a right-handed RHB, while being a masterful striker of the ball, lacks finesse and looks technically dubious at the start of every innings.

Of course, not every left-hander bats right-handed and vice versa; that's just my theory.

masterblaster

International Captain
how do u know that?
I've met him many times and have had the honour on conversing with him a few times too. Plus whenever I've met him he's been mobbed by people, and he always signs autographs with his left hand. He's also stated this in many of his interviews.

haroon510

International 12th Man
I've met him many times and have had the honour on conversing with him a few times too. Plus whenever I've met him he's been mobbed by people, and he always signs autographs with his left hand. He's also stated this in many of his interviews.
u r a lucky man for meeting a legend like sachin.. i have alot of respect for sachin and hopes he keeps going on for another five years or soo..

masterblaster

International Captain
u r a lucky man for meeting a legend like sachin.. i have alot of respect for sachin and hopes he keeps going on for another five years or soo..
Yeah it certainly was an honour. I also hope he can continue on for as long as he can. Quite possibly will go down as arguably the most influential cricketer in the modern cricket era.

Swervy

International Captain
there is no real such thing as right and left hand batting, its just a name given to tell us which way the batsman is facing, the 'hand' bit is not overly relevent

completeNZer

School Boy/Girl Captain
Probably influenced by what they've seen early on my mate bats and bowls right handed and we both agreed that it was because his bro and dad wouldve influenced him