• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Chappells vs the Waughs

The Chappells vs The Waughs

• Total voters

Julian87

State Captain
The Waughs.

Mark was the best fielder out of all them; .
From what I know, G Chappell was possibly the greatest slipper ever. Although I rate Mark Waugh as the greatest catcher I have seen, the fielding isn't going to be a clincher IMOI.

haroon510

International 12th Man
i only judge the batsman and bowlers that i have seen bat or bowle.. thererfore i voted for Waugh brothers.

JBMAC

State Captain
From what I know, G Chappell was possibly the greatest slipper ever. Although I rate Mark Waugh as the greatest catcher I have seen, the fielding isn't going to be a clincher IMOI.
Bobby Simpson and Colin Cowdrey may disagree with your guess at G Chappell and I feel messrs Harvey, O'Neill , Randall and Bland would disagree with the latter

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I voted the Waugh's...it's kind of interesting though that in each pair there was the hard-nosed captain (Steve and Ian) and the super-stylish batsman (Mark and Greg).

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Bobby Simpson and Colin Cowdrey may disagree with your guess at G Chappell and I feel messrs Harvey, O'Neill , Randall and Bland would disagree with the latter
Not to mention Walter Hammond. And maybe Garfield Sobers.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
i only judge the batsman and bowlers that i have seen bat or bowle..
Don't you realise, though, that by always voting for those that coincided with your own time of watching, you are also judging those you haven't seen?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
It'll depend on how Bazid goes, I guess. But Hanif, Mushtaq and Sadiq (plus Shoaib, Hanif's son) truly is an astonishing pedigree. You can even add Wazir and Raees to the Mohammad family. :blink: Certainly trumps Imran and Majid, fabulous though those two were.

Actually, another who I'd forgotten are the Pollocks.
Of course those are perfectly relevant examples, but they aren't simply "brothers", which was the criteria. As far as the Pollocks go, it would be Peter and Graeme, but Shaun wouldn't come into it. Greatest cricketing family is something of a different question.

The only pairs of brothers I know of who played together with great success at test level are the Waughs, the Chappells and the Pollocks. There may be more, however. The Khan's were cousins or something, right?

Beleg

International Regular
The only pairs of brothers I know of who played together with great success at test level are the Waughs, the Chappells and the Pollocks. There may be more, however. The Khan's were cousins or something, right?
Sadiq, Hanif, Mushtaq and Wazir were brothers.

Grant Flower/Andy Flower