• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jones feeling good about fitness

The Masterplan

U19 Debutant
Worcestershire pace bowler Simon Jones says he is as fit as he has ever been as he starts his career at New Road.

The 29-year-old left Glamorgan to join the Royals just three years after starring in England's famous Ashes win.

Despite his injury problems in the last two summers, Jones has told BBC Radio Hereford and Worcester he is raring to get going for his new county.

He said: "I've been working hard with the physio, done lots of bowling and am feeling really good."

...Well, let's hope he can start playing well again !...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
One can only hope, but this is nothing we've not heard before... several times.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The thought of Jones and Flintoff ripping it up this sumemr makes me foam at the mouth. But so does the thought of Aldo playing in a Tranmere shirt again :(

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Uh oh. In the NFL, when a veteran says 'I'm in the best shape of my life', its code word for 'I'm washed up and nowehre near my prime, but I can build myself up so I can get one more contract with signing bonus.' :p

Flem274*

123/5
Damn it. First Flintoff now Jones, why do England have to get their best bowlers back when we're about to tour? I demand Plunkett and Mahmood be reselcted!!!:p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Damn it. First Flintoff now Jones, why do England have to get their best bowlers back when we're about to tour?
Don't get your hopes up, the possibilities are still fairly slim. Certainly there's absolutely no way Jones is going to play in the NZ series, and really nor should Flintoff.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Mark my words, Jones will never be the bowler he was ever again. Any fast bowler who's injured for that long will struggle to regain pace and form. England should write him off and take it as a bonus if he is even ever close to a Test/ODI place again.