• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

too much cheating

tedjones

Banned
I think that there is too many cheatings in cricket in the world in the moment. Something must be done on it.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Ted, maybe you should explain your point of view, giving examples etc etc. Or not....

tedjones

Banned
everyone is naming everyone with spiteful names, and hitting themselves with bats, and the sledger and I do not think that it is very good.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
everyone is naming everyone with spiteful names, and hitting themselves with bats, and the sledger and I do not think that it is very good.

Cricketers hitting themselves with bats has been the bane of cricket for over a century, it's too late to change.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Look, I'll admit there was an extremely large temptation to make an attempt at an amusing comment here...but welcome, and I disagree. Although I'd like to see a batsman get hit with a sledger, it'd be a Monty Python-like moment. :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Cheating always has been and sadly always will be a part of cricket. You can fight this and that and eventually you'll probably get it down to acceptible levels at certain levels, but you'll never come remotely close to eliminating it from every facet of the game.
Leave it out. Winding up 11-year-olds is neither big nor clever.
:laugh: Our Esteemed Teacher Among Us strikes again.

JBMAC

State Captain
I don't think it's cheating per se...just bending the rules to the max would be a better way to put it and ALL teams are guilty of it at some stage

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I don't think it's cheating per se...just bending the rules to the max would be a better way to put it and ALL teams are guilty of it at some stage
Isn't that just a semantic nicety,really? Where does bending the rules end & cheating begin?

Certainly wouldn't dispute that all teams are guilty of it tho. Without wishing to re-open a can of worms, it's why I found the Pakistan justification for their actions at Ovalgate that the merest suggestion that they were tampering with the ball was a stain on their national reputation to be so much cant.

Not wishing to sinlge Pakistan out, by the way; England are just as culpable.