• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akhtar banned for five years

Engle

State Vice-Captain
"I appeal to people not to damage public property and to remain calm."

Shoaib Akhtar gives a statesman-like message after being handed a five-year ban by the Pakistan board

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If Pak cricket dont provide the laffs, who will ?

FRAZ

International Captain

Shoaib Akhtar gives a statesman-like message after being handed a five-year ban by the Pakistan board

ha ! ok that was funny too and was waiting for anyone to pick this thing up .

LongHopCassidy

International Captain

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quality frustrated ex-player pundit in the making.

Xuhaib

International Coach
6 April 2008

KARACHI — Charismatic all rounder, Shahid Afridi, yesterday said that Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)’s decision to ban controversial fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar was justified and there should be no compromise on acts of indiscipline irrespective of the players stature and standing.

“No player is bigger than the country or the game. I believe PCB’s decision a correct one in Shoaib Akhtar’s case. There should never be compromise on discipline. Although I am pained to see a teammate being penalised which is neither good for the team or the country”, Afridi told Khaleej Times yesterday.

The popular all rounder stressed that the ongoing controversy is giving Pakistan and players a bad name and such incidents should be avoided in future for the betterment of the game and country’s image.

Afridi was involved in one of the acts of indiscipline by Shoaib Akhtar in South Africa when the speedster hit team-mate and new ball partner, Mohammad Asif with a bat.

The incident hit headlines and a disciplinary committee that heard the three team-mates and team management found Shoaib Akhtar guilty and he was put on probation for two years besides a fine of staggering Rs34.4 lacks, the biggest fine imposed on a Pakistani cricketer.

The world record holder of slamming the fastest one-day century said he was looking forward to face Bangladesh if selected.

Bangladesh are due today to play five-ODI series in place of the scheduled visit of Australia who declined to play in Pakistan citing security concerns.

“If selected I will do my utmost to help the team win the series.

Bangladesh should not be underestimated despite their low-ranking and failure to do well against top teams.

Physically and mentally I am in best shape and raring to go”, he said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think PCB should let these 2 clowns fight at the next WWE PPV to settle their differences since this is where these two really belong, all they have done is damage the already tarnished image of Pakistan cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
6 April 2008

KARACHI — Charismatic all rounder, Shahid Afridi, yesterday said that Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)’s decision to ban controversial fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar was justified and there should be no compromise on acts of indiscipline irrespective of the players stature and standing.

“No player is bigger than the country or the game. I believe PCB’s decision a correct one in Shoaib Akhtar’s case. There should never be compromise on discipline. Although I am pained to see a teammate being penalised which is neither good for the team or the country”, Afridi told Khaleej Times yesterday.

The popular all rounder stressed that the ongoing controversy is giving Pakistan and players a bad name and such incidents should be avoided in future for the betterment of the game and country’s image.

Afridi was involved in one of the acts of indiscipline by Shoaib Akhtar in South Africa when the speedster hit team-mate and new ball partner, Mohammad Asif with a bat.

The incident hit headlines and a disciplinary committee that heard the three team-mates and team management found Shoaib Akhtar guilty and he was put on probation for two years besides a fine of staggering Rs34.4 lacks, the biggest fine imposed on a Pakistani cricketer.

The world record holder of slamming the fastest one-day century said he was looking forward to face Bangladesh if selected.

Bangladesh are due today to play five-ODI series in place of the scheduled visit of Australia who declined to play in Pakistan citing security concerns.

“If selected I will do my utmost to help the team win the series.

Bangladesh should not be underestimated despite their low-ranking and failure to do well against top teams.

Physically and mentally I am in best shape and raring to go”, he said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think PCB should let these 2 clowns fight at the next WWE PPV to settle their differences since this is where these two really belong, all they have done is damage the already tarnished image of Pakistan cricket.
Indeed, dear oh dear, shame Afridi couldn't have followed his "There should never be compromise on discipline." motto a few times in his career.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Haha, Afridi lecturing someone else about discipline. The hypocrisy of some of the Pakistani players/officials makes my head explode.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Aftab Farukh, the judge heading a three-member appellate tribunal said, "We will not suspend five-year ban order on Shoaib."

"Shoaib has harmed the board, fans and the entire country," he added.

Amir Bilal, the media advisor of the PCB was scathing in his criticism of the speedster. "Shoaib is in a habit of apologising time and again and then repeating the same mistake. PCB wants to set its record right and does not want such things to happen again in Pakistan cricket," he said.

"No player is bigger than the game and PCB will not compromise on indiscipline. The decision is in the larger interest of the game. Discipline should be maintained in game be it in the case of Harbhajan or Shoaib."

"It would be best for Shoaib to say goodbye to Pakistan cricket and start looking for an alternative career in international cricket," he added, thereby ending the possibility of Shoaib's association with the PCB in any capacity.

Wankers

pasag

RTDAS
Shoaib's five-year ban reduced to 18 months

Don't know whether it's good for Pakistan cricket or not but there's really nothing better to watch at full flight than Shoiab as we saw in the IPL.

The original ban was absurd, given what he had gotten away with in the past. "Drugs - don't care, hit a team-mate - don't care, speak out against the board - five years."

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Still hope it means his career is over TBH, he's been more disruptive than helpful for a number of years now.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Shoaib's five-year ban reduced to 18 months

Don't know whether it's good for Pakistan cricket or not but there's really nothing better to watch at full flight than Shoiab as we saw in the IPL.

The original ban was absurd, given what he had gotten away with in the past. "Drugs - don't care, hit a team-mate - don't care, speak out against the board - five years."
Awesome. I want to see him bowl again before he retires.