• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Fans: Are you attending any Test matches this summer?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So I was just wondering who was attending which Tests, if any, and when etc etc?

I will be at Headingley on day 3 of England V Saffies, anyone else going then?

Do share, anyway. I know dav normally does a couple, and CDM and andmark tend to do the OT Tests. Opted out of that this year myself, on the basis that

a - can't afford two, really want to watch us play the Saffies (it's been six years since they were here, far too long!!!)
b - I think that is play-off final weekend. Need that free.

Anyway, do share.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
really want to watch us play the Saffies (it's been six years since they were here, far too long!!!)
Only been 5 TBH, but that in itself is too long anyway, should be 4.

Anyway, doubt I'll be going to any of the games, can't plan ahead enough @ the current time, and these days tickets have to be booked long in advance.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, and I was thinking in my head "2003" so I must have thought it was 09...:wacko:...how odd

Yeah, tickets are close to selling out I believe. Tis why I got my arse in gear yesterday and boxed it all off.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Nothing atm, which is a shame given I've practically got the entire summer at home. The highlight for me looks like Lancashire v Bangladesh A at Alderley Edge, which I'm not missing for anything. Last time I went there though, to watch my little brother play a few seasons back, they charged me some ridiculous amount for an orange juice and then the bloke in front of me in the queue asked if he pay in Euros... how pretentious.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Would love to, but can't guarantee my availability for any of them, so probably won't be able to. Haven't been to a day of Test cricket since September 12th, 2005. Nothing memorable happened on that day, as I recall.....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would love to, but can't guarantee my availability for any of them, so probably won't be able to. Haven't been to a day of Test cricket since September 12th, 2005. Nothing memorable happened on that day, as I recall.....
Should never go again IMO, you know you'll never top that.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sealing of victory in a close-fought series (after 20 years since the last home victory) > the completion of a whitewash TBH.

PY

International Coach
Hitting SA ODI at Headingley, am just about to look into Test match now.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Going to Edgbaston v SA, not quite sure what day. Might try a fifth day jaunt somewhere not too far away as well if the situation arises.

Shoggz

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm going to try and get myself to the 3rd test vs South Africa at Edgbaston.

Might take my son to see his first international cricket. (He's been to domestic games before).

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even with the members discount, still seemed rather costy. Will probably try and get into the 5th day at Edgbaston free with any luck.

Rebecca

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not test, but I have tickets for the SA ODI at Sophia Gardens on sept 3rd.
Can't wait!

Woodster

International Captain
Yes I'm hoping to make my way to the Old Trafford Test against New Zealand, shame there's no Test there against SA but never mind. Not even an ODI against SA either!

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
I am going to the 4th day of the 3rd test against New Zealand at Trent Bridge on Sunday 8th June.