• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Fans: Are you attending any Test matches this summer?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nope, the cricket schedule @ OT sucks this year, flat old NZ is playing a test while SA don't even get a game here. Thought i might go to London for the first time since 99 to see a test but the SA test is already sold out.

Thank god some quality football is being occuring in the city of late or i would have lost, damn...

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
2008:
Lord's: v NZ and SA
Old Trafford: v NZ
Trent Bridge: v NZ
Headingley: v SA
Edgbaston: v SA
Oval: v SA

2009: Lord's, Oval, Edgbaston, Headingley and Sophia Gardens in Caerdydd.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!?!?!?!?

Know it's a bogey ground for us, but this is a shameful compromise. Tokenism not welcome in an Ashes series, thanks. Did Lancs and Notts fume at the decision?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

Know it's a bogey ground for us, but this is a shameful compromise. Tokenism not welcome in an Ashes series, thanks. Did Lancs and Notts fume at the decision?
Yup. Apparently the Welsh Assembly paid the ECB a fair amount to get a Test to Wales. Good to see the regional grants being put to good use.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

:laugh: Cannot believe you have not heard of this until now, Timothy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Nope, the cricket schedule @ OT sucks this year, flat old NZ is playing a test while SA don't even get a game here. Thought i might go to London for the first time since 99 to see a test but the SA test is already sold out.

Thank god some quality football is being occuring in the city of late or i would have lost, damn...
Still tickets for Headingley mate...only like an hour on the train for you

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Hell yes.

Forgot about it being your bogey ground though. Not all bad!