• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Fans: Are you attending any Test matches this summer?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
No, I'm going to an ODI because my boyfriend doesn't like going to one day of a test match because you don't see the whole game. (He's not a cricket fan... getting him to a match at all is enough of a problem!)

I'm also seeing NZ rather than SA because it's a lot cheaper.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, I'm going to an ODI because my boyfriend doesn't like going to one day of a test match because you don't see the whole game. (He's not a cricket fan... getting him to a match at all is enough of a problem!)
Know the feeling. :frusty::)

Despair of ever persuading the fiancee to attend a game of cricket that I'm not actually playing in. Dad is the only person that I know who has ever shown genuine willingness to attend games of cricket.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Can't imagine anything worse than taking a girlfriend/sister/mother to the cricket, if they had no interest in it at all.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
Think I'd prefer absolutely no interest to trying to take an interest and asking stupid inane questions all day when I'm watching the Test.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Out of interest, where are the tests this English summer? I understand there are some new venues for next year's Ashes series as well. Is that the case?

Isolator

State 12th Man
there is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeery slight possibility of my being able to come for a match, 1st test vs. SA probably. Actually I'm mainly interested in getting to play cricket somewhere. Are you guys planning a meetup sometime?

what are ticket prices like, btw?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Out of interest, where are the tests this English summer? I understand there are some new venues for next year's Ashes series as well. Is that the case?
2008:
Lord's: v NZ and SA
Old Trafford: v NZ
Trent Bridge: v NZ
Headingley: v SA
Edgbaston: v SA
Oval: v SA

2009: Lord's, Oval, Edgbaston, Headingley and Sophia Gardens in Caerdydd.

Craig

World Traveller
I'm going to try and get myself to the 3rd test vs South Africa at Edgbaston.

Might take my son to see his first international cricket. (He's been to domestic games before).
What a good parent you are :happy:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
there is a veeeeeeeeeeeeeery slight possibility of my being able to come for a match, 1st test vs. SA probably. Actually I'm mainly interested in getting to play cricket somewhere. Are you guys planning a meetup sometime?
Won't you struggle to do that from India? Or are you travelling over just for some games of cricket in the UK?

And yes, we're always planning meetups in this country. Keep an eye on this thread if you're interested.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Won't you struggle to do that from India? Or are you travelling over just for some games of cricket in the UK?

And yes, we're always planning meetups in this country. Keep an eye on this thread if you're interested.
Would love to attend a meet up I hbope you guys are planning one this summer because don't know the next time I will be in UK.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
We plan the things most summers and these days, most winters. Sometimes more than 1 occasion.

Basically, if 3 people, never mind 4, are up for a certain day, there's a decent chance something'll happen. As I say - simply keep your eye on the thread, and a done deal is usually just a few posts away.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As I said in my original post,I'll be a day 3 Headingley so if any CWers fancy a pint...