• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle #654685 - Kumar Sangakkara vs Kevin Pietersen

The better Test batsman?

• Total voters

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard don't make this forum more cliquey than it already is.
How's using "TBH" cliquey? It's possibly the most widely-used acronym\abbreviation on the internet. I've never met one person not know what it meant, other than the 10-year-old Cameron-Moss.

James_W

U19 Vice-Captain
TBH is quite common, I use it all the time tbh.

ITSTL is the one that had me confused, but I have it now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How's using "TBH" cliquey? It's possibly the most widely-used acronym\abbreviation on the internet. I've never met one person not know what it meant, other than the 10-year-old Cameron-Moss.
Oh come on, 'tbh' is the most widely used acronym on the net? That's simply false.

And by you asking people to say 'tbh' rather than spell out the words, its possibly the most ridiculous request I've seen on this forum. Let people be individuals on this board Richard, and not conform to what has become a general standard method of posting.

To summarise: You're being silly.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Oh come on, 'tbh' is the most widely used acronym on the net? That's simply false.

And by you asking people to say 'tbh' rather than spell out the words, its possibly the most ridiculous request I've seen on this forum. Let people be individuals on this board Richard, and not conform to what has become a general standard method of posting.

I am now going to make the effort to spell out every last word that I use on these forums.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Go on then - what else is so common?
Pete (and others) can do what he wants - think he gauged the tone of my original post rather better than some others, really. I do think it looks odd people writing "to be honest" and hardly anyone does it, but obviously I'm not going to go telling people "you should really be doing it X way" - if they want to waste time typing out 11 characters where they could be typing 3, that's up to them.
You're overreacting, TBH.

Googenheim

U19 12th Man
OMG, LOL, LMAO, ROFL, ROFLMAO, WTF all more widely prevalant easily. And the usage of 'TBH' is not to be encouraged. The implication of generously peppering one's sentences with that particular phrase/acronym is that in instances where it is not used, you tend to be dishonest, besides so obviously going against your espousal of brevity in post-speak.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Lol = the most used abbreviation by far, I'd best. If you're including MSN etc then it'd take it by a huge distance.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
OMG, LOL, LMAO, ROFL, ROFLMAO, WTF all more widely prevalant easily.
The fact that I only ever use one of the above (the lattermost) may possibly have put me off the notion, but yeah they're all fairly common.
And the usage of 'TBH' is not to be encouraged. The implication of generously peppering one's sentences with that particular phrase/acronym is that in instances where it is not used, you tend to be dishonest, besides so obviously going against your espousal of brevity in post-speak.
I have thought that before, but TBH is actually a way of making many sentences more polite than they would be without.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Indeed. Was never imagining "TBH vs to be honest" was going to result from a throwaway one-liner. :dry: