• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imtiaz Patel says no to ICC role

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Some are saying that he feigned interest simply to strengthen his negotiating position with super sport

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Because I've had reason before now to distrust IS Bindra. Can't remember what it was, but it was definately there.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Bindra is the perfect example of what is wrong with BCCI. A corrupt, vindictive, attention seeking administrator. I can't believe he is still allowed to run Indian cricket after what he did in 2000.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Bindra in 2000 :-

http://www.rediff.com/sports/2000/may/04bindra.htm

Bindra in 1999 :-

http://www.rediff.com/sports/1999/sep/21isb2.htm

Please read the whole thing before commenting. The second one is absolutely Hillarious.

To be fair it is not worse than malcolm speed, malcolm gray and CA bungling up the waugh-warne match fixing scandal.
I think what he said in the second one was before the whole details of the scandal came to surface.
Btw,the punjab cricket association which he runs has been probably the best run state associations in indian cricket for a while and probably the only one in the board who is more able than him are lalit modi and shashank manohar.

Anyways he does not want the job.
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Bindra_not_interested_in_becoming_ICC_CEO/articleshow/2914921.cms

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair it is not worse than malcolm speed, malcolm gray and CA bungling up the waugh-warne match fixing scandal.
I think what he said in the second one was before the whole details of the scandal came to surface.
Being better than the worst isn't really any good. Besides I am not sure if Bindra isn't worse than Speed. Speed, is miles better than Bindra. Accusing the best player of your country without a shred of evidence isn't worse than the Waugh-Warne issue, really ?

Btw,the punjab cricket association which he runs has been probably the best run state associations in indian cricket for a while and probably the only one in the board who is more able than him are lalit modi and shashank manohar.
If Punjab Cricket Association was the best run state association then so many of its players wouldn't have left to join ICL. Punjab was one of the worst hit team by ICL.. Punjab hasn't won a Ranji trophy in last 15 years. Punjab hasn't produced a test cricketer since Harbhajan Singh in 1997...and you say it is one of the best run. Yeah Right !!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
WTF? Someone who was once (and about a year or so ago) a national CoS is now being considered for ICC President? :blink: